ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N4DTF

N4DTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I also monitor 52 regularly, and sometimes I'll call "CQ" as I am driving through a new area, just to see if anyone is listening. This summer I passed a truck pulling a camping trailer, he had lots of antennas, and a ham license plate, so I called him on 146.52 and he was actually monitoring, we had a nice conversation for 5 minutes or so. Exception rather than the rule, though.

Trent
    N4DTF

2. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

I try to monitor 146.52 but it is pretty dead around my parts. Ditto when I drive in MO, IL, AR, TN, etc. In all that time I have had one contact while mobile, and that was a fellow in I-55 going in the same direction as I was, and a few miles ahead.

I think traffic on .520 is real spotty and very dependent on the Hams in the local area.

Regarding special emergency frequencies, no there is no specifically designated emcomm freq, but since 146.520 is the national calling freq, it would be a logical one to try if you can't bring up a repeater.

3. W5LMP

W5LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

most hams here monitor 52 quite a bit. its in the number 1 spot in all my radios and scanners. quite a bit of activity on it around laramie, WY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.