ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3EMT

W3EMT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've started monitoring 146.520 recently....after I found out what it was....haven't heard anything on it yet.

2. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

52 is dead for the most part here. most activity is on the 146.700 Indianapolis repeater (covers most of central Indiana)

got a few peeps that do simplex in my city/area 144.940 and 146.580

3. W8HDU

W8HDU Ham Member QRZ Page

146.52 and 52.525 were both somewhat active today as the Hamvention wound down and people were driving past my fair city.

4. KJ4NRH

KJ4NRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I'm resurrecting a really old thread here, but I was just going to say that I not only put this as my radio's call frequency, but I also put it as one of my memory channels so that every time I'm scanning I'll hear anything that's on it. So far I've heard nothing on it. I put a call out on it a couple days ago and got nothing.

5. N0LOZ

N0LOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

When I do longer trips, I set my radio to the frequency. If I see another car with an 2m antenna I throw my call out. Has worked a few times now.

6. N4AUD

N4AUD Ham Member QRZ Page

I monitor 146.52 at home and in my truck. I've had several QSO's on that frequency both at home and while driving. I've heard hams in private planes flying over the area using the frequency to talk to local hams on the ground as well, though I've never been lucky enough to get in on the QSO because there was a 2 meter simplex pileup. I've gotten directions/info while traveling by calling on the frequency as well.
    You WON'T hear a lot of chit-chat there, though. That's not what a calling frequency is for.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  7. KC9FSH

KC9FSH Ham Member QRZ Page

Simplex is very alive where I live. 146.52 is typically dead but 146.55 and 145.58 are very active.

I have had fairly good luck on 146.52 during some road trips. One day I was on my way to Milwaukee, WI and shortly leaving my house I tossed my call out on 146.52. Someone came back and we ended up moving to 146.55. As luck would have it they were from Milwaukee and on their way home. We ended up talking the entire distance from Appleton, WI to Milwaukee (about 100 miles), even passing each other multiple times on the highway.

About a year ago I went on a road trip to South Carolina and had 146.52 on in the car. On the way down there we drove during the night, so I didn't expect to get anyone. But on the way home I ran into a few people. There was one ham in a medium sized city in TN who came back and we talked for about 20 minutes, until I was out of his range. I ran into two or three more stations on the way home.

8. N7MYW

N7MYW Ham Member QRZ Page

I listen to 146.52 daily as I live right next to the I-5 freeway 5 miles north of Portland,Oregon. If anyone here is driving through, give a call.

Jim

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  9. N0LOZ

N0LOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim, you might have been one of the people I talked to on my trips. I drive down that way often to take the XYL to the dog shows.

10. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to do that but gave up after a few years when she never even placed. :D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.