ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't listen to it that much. I will usually listen on the road trip out to dayton and normally hear a fair amount of activity there. I suppose I could listen more around locally to see what I hear...

2. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll also add that you do find little pockets of 52 activity as you roam around the country. 52 seems to be alive and well in the middle of Wisconsin woods. I also passed through an area in Tennessee years ago, where there was a big group ragchewing on 52. You could not hear them more than about 10 miles in either direction, because their town is down in a 'hole' in the mountains.

3. NE3R

NE3R Ham Member QRZ Page

I run into a ham in Springfield Va every so often on 146.52. It is still the best frequency around on 2 meters if you don't know the repeaters/tones in a particular area.

In Charles Town, try 147.54 simplex.

On repeaters, give me a call on 147.06 T123 or 146.745 T123 (linked) I'm normally listening during commute time.

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R

4. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Subscriber QRZ Page

Hams operating aeronautical mobile tend to use 146.52 simplex. I've talked with a couple of them while I was on road trips. Sadly, they account for nearly half of the simplex contacts I've made while on road trips over the past 15 years. Those contacts did inspire me, though. When my son (the airplane driver) took me with him on a long cross-country flight, I used an HT on 146.52 for many enjoyable contacts along the way from California to Michigan. One of them was even with another aeronautical mobile! 73

Gary, K9ZMD/6

5. KC9OSX

KC9OSX Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a small group of us in my area, that are going to use 146.52, since we are all within about 5 miles of each other. That way, there will be at least one of us monitoring, and maybe our activity will draw more.

6. KD8KSX

KD8KSX Ham Member QRZ Page

The repeater up on Bluemont is very active during drive times, so that's what I'm mostly on. I'll enter in these one of these days and try it out, too.

Thanks!

Bruce
    KD8KSX

7. K2QI

K2QI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in NYC, quite a few people monitor 146.520. Some even chew there, but most have the decency to QSY over to another simplex frequency when contact is made.

8. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

99% of the time, I have one radio on 146.52. Ya never know who will pop up. I've been all over the country and some places you won't find a soul on .52 and other places it will be a regular hotspot.

9. N3ZKI

N3ZKI Ham Member QRZ Page

I always monitor 146.520. Even driving around in my area I'll throw my call out on there. I have yet to get a response but when driving to Cleveland, OH a few weeks ago I had a nice QSO on the way there and on the way back on .52 with some Cleveland hams. People are listening you just have to throw out your call and stop listening yourself! :D

10. KC9OKV

KC9OKV Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually monitor .52 for hours and hear nothing.....sometimes i hear people talking but thats rare. My and my friends usally use it the most for nonsense:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.