ad: elecraft

13 Colonies

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K5UYN, Jun 28, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Same cert though you get an extra star for Clean Sweep
    http://www.13colonies.us/

2. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

When I got him on cw he was working split. He was a fine cw op, just kinda new at it. That's all. Everyone was new at it at one time!

3. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked the Georgia station on 20m about 6pm my time but it didn’t save in my qrz logbook anyone remember the exact frequency he was on around that time please! July 7th.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Curious why you need the exact frequency? It's not required - just band, mode, and UTC Time/Date (within 30 minutes) is all that are needed. Only speaking for myself, I never log the exact frequency of any QSO although WSJT-X does on FT8 but it's still not necessary data

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KG5BJV

KG5BJV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok just doing it for my qrz log book thanks.

6. WA3PZO

WA3PZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same certificate but number of contacts varies and clean sweep added for 13 colonies. 13colonies.us

K5UYN likes this.
  7. AC6CA

AC6CA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a lot of fun getting the 13 stations plus the bonus Pennsylvania station :). On the last day I had been able to work 12 of them on 20m SSB, still needing K2H (Massachusetts). I just couldn't seem to locate K2H on 20m SSB. I saw K2H show up on 40m SSB but from California I couldn't hear them. Ended up making the final contact on FT8. Really wanted to get all 13 on SSB! Next year!!

K6GP likes this.
  8. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe "contest" was too strong a word .... didn't mean to trigger anyone.

9. K5UYN

K5UYN Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K5UYN

Good Job!

11. K5UYN

12. K5UYN

First let me offer a Giant Thank You for your hard work last week! And I thought all the operators did a fantastic job with piles of very rude and not very POLITE hams! Don’t let a bushel of bad apples spoil the fun!!! K5UYN

13. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Slight disagreement on this point, sir. On CW, GB13COL was not on or spotted for the last 2+ days of the event. The last time they were spotted on CW on the RBN was 2348Z 5 July 2022.

As for operator behavior, I'm not the best at Morse code: I'm still a "slow code" operator using a straight key. I don't participate in many contests and large events. I avoid jumping into pile ups, preferring to listen until there is a break for me to send my call sign out.

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

He was certainly on enough to work a few hundred stations on CW and I personally fought 6 different 30-minute pileups trying to work him (never did on CW)

But fortunately, I run FT8 as well as CW and SSB so was able to work him just fine on that mode.

Maybe next year things will be better on CW

Dave
    W7UUU

N2RIC likes this.
  15. WA3PZO

WA3PZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Complete details.
    Www.13colonies.us

K5UYN likes this.