ad: elecraft

13 Colonies Totals

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N4USS, Jul 8, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I saw you couldn't use FT8. My fldigi wasn't working so I gave up on that quickly.
    I had an S7 noise floor when I tried to find you SSB. I think it was a nearby AC.

One thing to try would be setting it up as a compound callsign. Would GB/13COL work in the program? I don't know your requirements for ID, but the program should send "13COL" during the sig report and GB/13COL on CQ and 73. Or even a TxMacro of "GB13COL 73" at the end. Would that be "Good Enough" for your version of the FCC?

2. W4JFA

W4JFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked only CW and SSB. Got em all except GB13COL. Saw it posted and heard others working it but I could not hear it in No. California. Will enter my data in the next couple days.
    Very fun event!

3. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

For me it was zilch, nada, none.
    Never heard a single operator from my location with my little vertical antenna. :(

4. KG5JNT

KG5JNT Ham Member QRZ Page

K2D didn't make many friends this year....

5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That sounds like me during Route 66. I can never get Joliet, IL

6. N0NC

N0NC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got em all on CW except GB13COL. Never heard them the rare few minutes they were on cw. 4th year in a row this has happened.

N4FZ likes this.
  7. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like GB13COL needs a new operator. No luck working this station so far. He works EU on 40m during daylight hours?! I don’t understand why he does this. This has happened multiple years in a row. I’m grateful to have worked all the other stations. Thanks to all the stations who give us the opportunity to work them and celebrate our country’s Independence.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    N0NC likes this.
  8. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just worked GB13COL on 20m SSB a few minutes ago, wow! I think he has gone QRT again. ;) Very elusive! Clean Sweep! :cool: Good Luck everyone!

9. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s a Special Event and not a “contest!!!” The WARC bands are in play during the event.

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

If it's a "contest" how do you win?

11. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

From the left coast on Friday, we heard K2C RI, K2G GA, K2F MD, but with 5w on SSB, no chance of breaking through the wall of callers. Surprised we didn't hear any of the 10 other stations.

Or, maybe not surprised, condx was still unsettled, 20m only band that was really open. 17m barely, nothing on higher bands.

12. N1KX

N1KX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Managed to work all 13 states plus WM3PEN on 40M SSB, CW and Digi. I got GB13COL on SSB and Digi, and TM13COL on CW and Digi. Modest station here with TS-590S barefoot into a homebrew 80M OCFD. My advantage is, I'm right smack in the middle of the Atlantic coast.

Had a clean sweep of the Lewis and Clark Trail OTA this year too, so I'm having a good year with these events.

I'll get my comeuppance in a couple of months when the RT66 event fires up, though! I always have a hard time getting the rovers!

KA2FIR likes this.
  13. KC3NDU

KC3NDU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Numbers in.
    Kc3ndu