13 Colonies Totals

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by N4USS, Jul 8, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N4USS

N4USS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So far .... sorted by country and state. 38 entries so far with 495 contacts so we are missing a bunch. Still fun.
    upload_2018-7-8_21-3-40.png

VE3CGA and W5BIB like this.
  2. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The contest is always great fun. This was my second year. One thing abot gb13col is they are going to get me to learn about dstar for next year.

3. G4FUT

G4FUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, reference FT8, I understand that the program could not accept our long callsign. ! Sorry about not copying our SSB. We were running our legal 400 watts ito a StepIR vertical for 7Mhz and a 3 element yagi at 50 feet for 14Mhz.

KG5THG likes this.
  4. G4FUT

G4FUT Ham Member QRZ Page

-----------
    Have a look at my CW report on Facebook for GB13COL. I was the CW operator and worked very few VE stations, and for most of the time the US stations were afflicted with "auroral flutter". CNDX were pretty poor to say the least. Often both of the CW bands I was working would suddenly drop out completely. We still kept pounding (or should I say "swiping") the key; However when cndx were good we had HUGE pile-ups and after about 90 minutes of one of them the screws on my sideswiper key started to loosen, so causing some hilarious morse to be sent. BTW, one callsign had me scratching my head, .... it had continuous 11 dots in it, ! :p

KB4QAA likes this.
  5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well condx were not the best. I never thought of looking at the solar/aurora sites to see if something was going on. Earlier today before the supper call, I was watching a G4 station on 20m going from -24 to -4 while working others on FT8.
    As for the disintegrating key/paddle maybe there should be a "broken paddle" award. In my anguish at trying to send 30wpm with a 5wpm straight key fist I never thought of switching over to fldigi, just couldnt make my hand convert over to the straight key.
    Anyway I'll be looking for the event next year.

6. KL1T

KL1T Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I saw you couldn't use FT8. My fldigi wasn't working so I gave up on that quickly.
    I had an S7 noise floor when I tried to find you SSB. I think it was a nearby AC.

One thing to try would be setting it up as a compound callsign. Would GB/13COL work in the program? I don't know your requirements for ID, but the program should send "13COL" during the sig report and GB/13COL on CQ and 73. Or even a TxMacro of "GB13COL 73" at the end. Would that be "Good Enough" for your version of the FCC?

7. WE6C

WE6C Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked only CW and SSB. Got em all except GB13COL. Saw it posted and heard others working it but I could not hear it in No. California. Will enter my data in the next couple days.
    Very fun event!

8. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

For me it was zilch, nada, none.
    Never heard a single operator from my location with my little vertical antenna. :(

9. KG5JNT

KG5JNT Ham Member QRZ Page

K2D didn't make many friends this year....

10. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That sounds like me during Route 66. I can never get Joliet, IL