ad: elecraft

13 Colonies-THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KU2US, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KU2US

KU2US Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of all of our HF, Satellite, digital and CW operators, to thank everyone who called us during our 13 Colonies 4th of July week Independence day special event. It was YOU, who made this event a success after 5 years of being on the air! As of this writing, we have logged over 80,000 QSO's! YES, we are all tired, I blew 2 amplifiers, T-storms, solar flares, one Op lost his whole station to lightning, I am getting thousands of QSL card/certificate requests, BUT, it was all worth it, reading the positive comments we get on your QSL cards and log sheets. Every year there is some room for improvement, and we have over 70+ operators who give up their time on the holiday to do this, but, we had a blast and hope you did to! 73'

Ken Villone-KU2US
    Event Manager

2. WB7X

WB7X Ham Member QRZ Page

The YL and I enjoyed it greatly. Both with a clean sweep.

This was her first year for the event, and actually had not operated for about 5 years.

I cheated and made a couple of CW contacts though. ;)

Thanks to your crew for a fine event.

3. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ken and all the fine Ops, Thank you all for making this event happen! I'm sorry to hear about the equipment that was damaged/blew. Happy to say, I did make a clean sweep this year, and you guys did a fine job. 73s and God Bless America

4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Great fun -- due to the sorry band conditions we had down here, I got the opportunity to learn / use some of the features on my radio as I struggled to pull in some of the stations. Looking forward to next year.

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken, we had a great time at K2M/W3WH, and are already looking forward to doing it again next year!

I think our only major problem was a wire coming loose on Bill's 43 foot vertical... believe it or not, it looks like a critter (probably a rabbit) ran into it and dislodged it!

73, ron w3wn

6. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thank You and all the Special Event Station Operators for all the Hard Work.
    Sorry to hear that some people had storm damage, and that you had 2 amplifiers die. :(

I got a Clean Sweep, thanks to all who helped out. :)

73 K2HAT Lee

Scan_Pic0001 (Large).jpg

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the card and the certificate Ken. And thanks to all the other operators for a fine job!

8. W4RPE

W4RPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken,
    Thank you so very much for all that you and the other operators did. I had a blast. Also I go a CLEAN SWEEP, awaiting for my certificate to come in and then I will frame it along with the 13 colonies QSL cards and the bonus one will go somewhere in the frame. I am awaiting next year with bated breath.

W4RPE
    Keith Wood

9. NM9K

NM9K Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed the event as well. Thank you!

10. KA3YAN

KA3YAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken, et al.,

I had a fantastic time and really wanted to thank all the 13 Colony Special Event Stations!! I was fortunate to make the clean sweep on the 4th, but couldn't hit WM3PEN until Saturday morning. Great fun and I've already received my certificate!

11. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Always a great time! I got 'em all. Thanks! (I wish more of them would consider LOTW.)

12. W4WDD

W4WDD Ham Member QRZ Page

My thanks to Ken, and all the other operators. Everyone did a great job under sometime terrible band conditions.
    I managed to get a sweep. The certificate is beautiful.
    Still need three more QSL's K2g,K2k, and K2M.
    Jim W4WDD

13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got LoTW confirmations on all, including the bonus station, thanks!

14. K4MJ

K4MJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It was a great event! This is the first time I achieved a clean sweep. My goal was to QSO all stations by 2359 UTC on 5 Jul. Thank you to K2M for the QSO at 2359 on 5 Jul!!!

I like next years certificate. Looking forward to 2014!

Thanks to all the operators.

Mike
    K4MJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.