13 Colonies Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by KU2US, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4BFH

KJ4BFH Ham Member QRZ Page

This was my very first event/contest in amateur radio. I had an enormous amount of fun scanning the bands looking for each operator. I want to thank you and all the volunteer operators who participated, I know it was a lot of work and some long hours. The operators were great at pulling my weak signal out of the mud over and over.
    Thank you all for these great memories!
    Brian KJ4BFH

K9ASE and KF5KWO like this.
  2. KC9LOO

KC9LOO Ham Member QRZ Page

I too had a lot of fun sweeping the bands. Managed to get all 13 colonies and Wm3Pen, but no luck with GB13Col. I got all with just 100 watts and a wire on SSB. I don't care for digital and am not setup for it, actually don't know anything about it, hi-hi
    But was great fun, looking forward to next year. Getting ready to send for my certificate and will frame it with pride.
    Thanks to everyone involved in this.
    Mike KC9LOO

K9ASE, KF5KWO and KJ4BFH like this.
  3. KJ4BFH

KJ4BFH Ham Member QRZ Page

Mik
    Mike, your set up is like mine, 100 Watts and I have a EFHW at 66 ft. I reached all 13 colonies and WM3PEN on two bands but never got through to GB13COL. I might try some other modes down the road but I'm only using SSB for now. I had so much fun that I'm looking for some similar contests...any suggestions? I hear Route 66 OTA is fun, but that doesn't start until September.
    73 Brian

KC9LOO likes this.
  4. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Received my 40M/CW cert today. Fast turnaround. Thanks to Ken and the ops.
    Mike N3PM

5. KD4ULD

KD4ULD Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow that was quick.

6. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here at my QTH I didn't even hear WM3PEN or GB13COL, only got 11 colonies, that was all I heard.

KD4ULD likes this.
  7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lightning fast turnaround on the Cert!!
    Thanks so much, Ken!!! it will be on the wall this morning!!!
    116017726_10158134250019927_3448886551566520536_o.jpg

KJ4BFH, KD4ULD and KJ4VTH like this.
  8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

yep... got mine yesterday. Nice looking certificate. Mine had the endorsement; "ALL CW" & "In Honer Of Our Veterans"

I wonder how many ops were able to snag GB13COL ? (NOT me) :(

Thanks KEN/KU2US (and all of the other ops) for a really enjoyable special event. Kudos

dit dit

KF5KWO and KJ4VTH like this.