ad: Radclub22-1

13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, May 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I have a hard time with K2I NJ also, so far.

I need K2E, F, H, I for a Clean Sweep.
    I was lucky to get GB13COL on 40m last night, they were up 5 but not saying so. ;)
    I got WM3PEN Yesterday.

upload_2017-7-4_7-15-41.png

2. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YES to the pileup problem.

I am not able to get K2E (Delaware) - it seems like there is only one operator on Phone so everytime he pops up he gets swarmed - he is doing a great job btw.

GB13COL is also hard to get - but he is doing splits and working contacts by the numbers so I hope to get him worked today.

3. KE8CEW

KE8CEW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Propagation is horrible in MI. Got a clean sweep July 1 except for GB13COL, Haven't heard him yet. Hear others in sections 1.2.3.4 & 5 getting him and lots of Europe stations coming in loud but not him. I wonder if he is using any power? Anyway, Love the pile ups and POOR Etiquette. Almost like a CB radio.

4. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

GB13COL has been on 40 every night. But the LID's take over and it's a mess. Would guess the guys with a beam and amp can do it. He answered me with partial call sign twice but never got it all. Went to PSK on 20. He answered me, gave my full call and report, but never replied to mine. Not in his log. Frustrating since I got all 14 other stations.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

How is it that someone with as much wallpaper as you, hasn't gotten a sweep yet? :confused:

6. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

That's an understatement.

There is more than 1 phone op, but I'm probably the most prolific of the bunch.

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jim, if it was you operating last night on 3880 many thanks! K2E was the hardest one to catch, finally swept it...

Now if I can get through the Cw pileups and the ops who don't know what UP means...

73!

K1XS and K2HAT like this.
  8. K2HAT

LOL ;) take a look at the log; I was not on the air Saturday, and Sunday except on 2m, Mobile. First time I got on the air was at 23:55utc Monday night. ;)

upload_2017-7-4_10-51-30.png

9. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, wasn't me. Possibly Gene, NY3C.

WR2E and K2HAT like this.
  10. K2DFC

The 13 Colony stations need to spend some time on 75/80 meters when the skip is short. Even 40 during the day is to long to work the close in states. When this started on Sat. I couldn't hear a peep out of Del, MD, CT,MA, or RI on 40. Had to get them on 75.

11. WR2E

I actually got K2D on ten mtr cw on sat morning! That was a complete surprise!

I agree about the skip. I thought being in nj would be an advantage... WRONG! :confused:

12. WR2E

Thanks to you anyway! And of course to Gene when you see him.

13. K2DFC

I couldn't hear CT on 40 but worked that one on 20 cw 10:30 in the morning. Weird!

14. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The FILL IN FORM on the 13 Colonies page is very slick!!! neatly filled out. Route 66 needs to rob that form generator!!!

K2HAT and K2DFC like this.
  15. K2HAT

Got my Clean Sweep, Thank You to all who get on the air for this Special Event.

Pat I agree, Awesome, I was able to use an adif file to populate the information!!

[​IMG]