ad: M2Ant-1

13 COLONIES SPECIAL EVENT

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, May 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,
    That's what I thought. Wasn't sure if working them all on one band had anything to do with it.

2. N8SAN

Alright! Got em all! With WM3PEN.... Happy 4th of July everyone!

I will listen out for the GB13COL though.

3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

http://www.13colonies.net/index.html

4. N8SAN

How long does it typically take to receive the certificate?

Just curious.

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Certs come out REMAKABLY fast!!! I was Astonished last year how fast mine came in. The day it came in I went over to Office Depot and bought a beautiful Wood Frame for it. Will do the same this year

6. WA6MHZ

I haven't seen any spots that ANYONE Stateside has worked GB13COL. Maybe they oughta try JT-65!!! Only 4 min per QSO!!! LOL!! Slow pileup!!

7. N5TWB

N5TWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope - had to shut down for storms last evening. About to get going again, had to take the dog for grooming first.

8. K5AGE

K5AGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Any of the colonies going to operate on JT65? is there a schedule for this? I am low power and my best chance!!

Rm

9. K5AGE

K5AGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Still wish I had my 100w rig. I got the clean sweep last year! Only ham award I am proud enough to display in the office.

Rm

10. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Still unable to hear or work E on either ssb or cw.

Guess I'll have to stay up past my old codger bedtime and hope they do the same!

11. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are some spots.
    help1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  12. KG5DRV

KG5DRV Ham Member QRZ Page

Just need k2l and k2e. I already have the wm3pen bonus. If you only work a few you will still get a certificate, and if you work all 13 you get a clean sweep. Took about two months for me to get my cert. last year but they are on till the 7th. Good luck guys. kg5drv..Dale..austin tx

K2HAT likes this.
  13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

7th time getting a Clean Sweep. I have to say this year was the toughest!

14. WA6MHZ

I was astonished at some of the pileups I CRACKED!!! My antenna must work better than I thought. I would like to put up a big beam that covers all the WARC besides 20,15 and 10. But it hasta have as good of gain as the KT34 does. My KT34 has a Wonderful match on 13.7 Megs!!!

15. W3HMK

W3HMK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have all but one! My QTH in Eastern PA (just North of Philadelphia) seems to make all K2I (New Jersey) impossible to work on SSB. I sat in the 40m pile up for 2 hours! Heard every call to them but could not hear them at all! VERY frustrating. Anyone else in this proximity have this problem? -I hope they do some SSB 80 or 160 before this is over!