ad: ProAudio-1

12 meters "N" my AL811

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W6JPK, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W6JPK

W6JPK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm back into ham radio an having a blast DXing. My AL811 has the 10 meter mod and works great on the bands I use 40, 20, 15, 17, and 10 meters. I realize it is not a 12 meter amp but I love 12 meters and wonder if there is a mod ? One that is easy to do if there is one..Jim W6JPK:cool:

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No mod required. Use the 10m switch position to operate 12m. Obviously, it will "tune up" differently on 12m than it does on 10m.

3. W6JPK

w6jpk

:cool:I tried just that and nothing. The needles don't move no matter how much power I apply. I will give it a try again...Jim

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Something's wrong, there. What kind of "rig" are you using, exactly? Also what's your antenna, exactly?

This data is significant.

5. W6JPK

Got it...It tunes just like 17 meters and I am now getting power..Yea..Tnx Jim W6JPK

6. W6JPK

Followup..The reason I'm now getting power on 12 meters is because I figured out that ameritron's plate and load chart in their manual had the numbers backwards. I thought this was odd when it didn't matchup to the other bands but figured they knew better then I did about tuning this amp. Ooops !! I guess it was a type-o....Jim W6JPK

Last edited: May 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.