$12 Ham Radio Power Supply

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB1THM, Apr 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. KE8DUG

KE8DUG Ham Member QRZ Page

K4ECA, Bob,

Thank you for the info. New to HAM, just got license a few weeks ago. I have been looking for a power supply and I just picked up the PL11. So this info is very timely.

Do you have other information about converting this supply? I’ll be running an IC2730 so I hope the standard voltage or at least turning the pot up to 12.7v will be sufficient. Any info, help, tips, hacks for this power supply would be greatly appreciated.

KE8DUG, 73
    Doug

2. KB1THM

KB1THM Ham Member QRZ Page

Should run that radio no problem without even messing with the voltage. I have mine running my yaesu 2900 and sometimes my yaesu 891 no prob full power.

3. KE8DUG

KE8DUG Ham Member QRZ Page

fantastic. Thanks.

4. M7MCY

M7MCY Ham Member QRZ Page

HSTNS-PL28 Does anyone have knowledge about the voltage adjustment for this power supply?

I couldn't find anything specific to this model online and the control PCB looks quite different to the many videos I have seen regarding adding or removing resistors for the other various models. There are only 2 potentiometers and the one to the right only gives minimal adjustment up to about 12.32v.

Any advice or pointing to other resources much appreciated! This PSU seems to be made by LiteON and original p/n is PS-2461-7C-LF
    Thanks Mark

[​IMG] upload_2021-11-14_16-35-45.jpeg