ad: elecraft

10m still works!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AE7QT, Aug 10, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K6TOP

K6TOP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, good suggestion. 10M CW was completely quiet a few days ago, but called CQ on at 1400 local time. VK3FFB, Dieter, responded, weak but readable (539). Checked later with VOACAP: should have had no propagation, but we had a nice trans-pacific QSO on a otherwise 'dead' band.

Kevin
    K6TOP

2. KC9QVE

KC9QVE Ham Member QRZ Page

I love 10 Meters but I was up at 430AM EDT this morning and powered up my ICOM IC 746 PRO with my 30 feet of antenna
    wire and didn't hear a single signal may be I'm not tuned in at the right specific time.
    Tony KC9QVE Kokomo,IN

3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Give it a try at 3pm local

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Yep - been monitoring CW beacons from around the globe all this week - but not a single CQ has resulted in a reply.

Just silly that everyone just always assumes the band is dead unless there's a contest!

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KJ4VRQ

KJ4VRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I like 10 meter especially in the fall. It seems that it is most active during that time on through maybe March. PSK is usually really good as well as SSB.

6. WZ2N

WZ2N Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a little bit of an opening in VA a few weeks back. Was working some midwest stations and in the middle of a qso had a station break in. I had to ask twice for the call...thought it was a VE3 but ended up being a VK...that is a first for me on 10 in ANY conditions. I agree that there are far more openings than people generally realize.

7. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

That sounds great what freq.?

I have been calling CQ a few times this week and plan to do more of it. Hope to work you soon.

Best 73,
    Charles,
    W2CSI,
    W2CSI.COM

8. KC7FIK

KC7FIK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been on two meter 146.52 sim.and travel from Utah to Idaho and had ONLY one contact in the last 8 months, not dead, but almost. So whats happening ???

9. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Round here no one wants to use that frequency lest they upset it's owner.:eek:

10. ZL2WL

ZL2WL QRZ Lifetime Member #154 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

yep worked 42 logged stations yesterday 2.10.2015 57 to 59++

11. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On Wednesday around 2300z, I was tuning around listening on 10m (before calling CQ) & heard only one station. He was about 549 & was working stations that I could not hear. After a few moments, I caught his call-sign. It was Jean FW5JJ !!! His signal was up & down between 439 & 559 (on 28015khz) & I never thought he'd hear my peanut-whistle !! WRONG !!... I called & got him on the third try !!!
    Not too unusual you say ?? I worked him with my Heathkit HW-9 (about 1.6 watts out) into my 80m OCF dipole up only about 20 ft. !!!
    Doing the math, this comes out to just a tad over 4,000 miles per-watt !!! :) I worked him a few months ago on 10m with my QRO rig (Tentec Century-22) about 15 watts out to the same antenna !!! :D

gotta love it !!! :cool:

Steve

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  12. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Still works? I didn't know it was broken.