ad: elecraft

10m still works!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AE7QT, Aug 10, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AE7QT

AE7QT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just wanted to let people know that even when the reports say its just not worth turning on, you should check it out and make a call or two if you like 10m. I was in Ogden UT talking to a few gents in Seattle on August 8th 2015 until almost midnight! I think that 10 is so dead because the masses think it's dead and don't even try. Similar to 2m. I'm on 146.520 almost 24/7, but this should be a topic of its own. 73 and hope to hear you on 10m, and 2m! ae7qt 18 wheel mobile 24/7 340/year

W2CSI likes this.
  2. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Been some good Sporadic E on there lately. I agree. With few people on a large band people thing it's dead.

Ed

3. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, 10m is open a lot more then we all think. Good work putting some RF out there. Nothing is open if everyone is listening.

4. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

High Five Scott.. LOL. I have been hearing beacons all AM till now. not many people.

K5GI likes this.
  5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

me as well

6. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was scanning the band all day yesterday. I only heard one beacon, one other CW station, but lots of SSB, and three repeaters.

Unfortunately, I was busy, so listening was all I was doing.

7. N3PZZ

N3PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mostly dead because folks don't call CQ.
    They just listen for a short time and assume it's dead. Because no one is calling CQ..
    You really know until you try.. CQ
    That's why the letters CQ were invented..... CQ?
    Get it? CQ

8. KC9UDX

That, and I think, a lot of people assume that if they can't hear beacons, the fone portion of the band is dead as well.

9. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently received an Italian 10m station on my SSB HT. He didn't reply to my call though...I wonder why. :D

10. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to run a 10m beacon, and yes the band is open a lot more often than people think.. IMO it's a lot like 6.

It's a mistake to just listen and not give a call.

11. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Past couple days have been a pleasant surprise... love when 10 opens up a bit. Sporadic E is fun. I always like checking 10 regardless of the reports because you never know with that band is doing... not as predictable as other bands it seems.

12. M0LTA

M0LTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

every band is the same and most hams are lazy. get on and call whatever the band

13. W9WAF

W9WAF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm rather new whats the SSB calling freq for 10meters? or the most often monitored?

14. KC9UDX

15. KN3O

KN3O Ham Member QRZ Page

Called CQ a bunch today but got nothing back. Hoping to get a few QSO's before I get my general in september. Will keep trying...