10m Networks... time to make 10m great again!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K2ENF, Nov 28, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

38L?

And considering that CQWW is ongoing... you hear nothing? Well, if the MUF is around 28 MHz, that would explain it, otherwise...

2. KG5RZ

KG5RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess the TS-50 could have lost sensitivity on 10. It is almost an antique after all.

Yes CB channel 38 LSB is one of the propagation indicators in use here.

NY7Z, NL7W and K8XG like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Every Sunday evening on 28.375 at 04:00 UTC here in the greater Seattle area - just a small group of us but very active and strong signals every week.

No club affiliation - hosted by Lynn WR7G

It's always fun when the band opens and we get callers from all over the Western states :)

Dave
    W7UUU

SA1CKE likes this.
  4. K3SCH

K3SCH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’ll try to check in tonight from CM88. Thanks for mentioning it. I usually have a good signal into and out of the Northwest.

K2ENF and W7UUU like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'll give a listen for sure! Those of us with beams usually beam 180-ish from here, since CA does tend to be where most of our distant checkins tend to be, and it also keeps us pointing into the general Puget Sound for the locals.

I'll be listening!

Dave
    W7UUU

K2ENF likes this.
  6. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Before my time (ham radio-wise).
    ;)

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As KK4NSF says, every Thursday night (well actually, 2 Thursdays a month since we don't call the net on the nights of local club meetings) is the Lockdown Fun Net we started when the pandemic really, well, locked everything down.

It's a lot of fun, yeah, and on those occasions when the band is open we have had 60+ checkins.

Lockdown Fun Net 28.420, Thursdays at 0100Z currently (always 1900CST).

:)

K2ENF and N3AWS like this.
  8. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A CW net on 10m would be fun.

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh. I have no interest in that band, so I didn’t catch the reference. Thanks for the explanation.

FWIW, VE7CC shows over 1300 spots on 10 today, and that’s just from North American stations (as per my filters).

10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

The Breezeshooters are still an active group. Monday evenings, 9 PM Eastern, 28.480.