ad: MarlFlea-1

10m Contact requested

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KC9QJV, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA7NXI

WA7NXI Ham Member QRZ Page

KC9QJV-Looks like we will have to give it a shot again. Let me know when you are around to try a contact.

KD8GFC-Thanks for the words of encouragement and hope to catch you on 10m as well!

2. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

KC9QJV - Have you had your 10M CW contact yet??? I recently relicensed after being inactive for a long time and I love to see if we can QSO from Patterson, CA to Crest Hill, IL. Seems like a long haul to me... but I don't know much about 10M. 10M seems pretty quite everytime I listen, but I haven't listened a lot. All of my previous experience and current QSO success has been on 40M. No luck on 10M (yet) at all. I'll be back home this Saturday afternoon (Nov 14). Drop me a reply if you want to set up a time for 10M on this Sat or Sun. With your tech license you can work 7.025 - 7.125 as well on 40M. Do you have 40M capability? LOTS of CW down here:D.

KC7EHE - My silly 150 foot long-wire antenna reaches South into AZ and NM quite well from Patterson, CA. Usually a 589. + / -. I say silly because it's just strung around my backyard fence at eyeball height yet loads up very well thru an MFJ tuner. Not sure about 10M, but it would be a lot of fun to try. I know I can hit you on '40. I'll be hamming it up this Saturday afternoon, usually between 7.100 to 7.120, but I would love to give '10 a try! On '40 7.1 to 7.2 seems the quietest part of the CW sub-band for me. Lots of luck lower down also but lots of QRM that I can't always tune around / filter out with my OLD Drake TR4.

73 to you both !!

Bill
    KJ6DCE (Soon to be vanity call W7JZE)

3. KC9QJV

KC9QJV Ham Member QRZ Page

Back again

Well ended up being pretty busy and neglecting my poor radios but i'm re set up and back if things don't work this time I'm just gunna have to break down and get a tuner... well that is if i don't get it for christmas. It is the only thing i've asked for this year lol. Well I'm on 28.4 usb have heard quite a bit so maybe i'll have some luck. If it gets too late i'll put it to wspr as see what happens there. Wspr is actually pretty cool and i've pick up a few stateside contacts with it.

4. KC9QJV

KC9QJV Ham Member QRZ Page

well givin the time i have to be up in the morning I'm gunna have to just put it to wspr for the night I'll be back from around 7ish am cst tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.