10m Contact requested

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by KC9QJV, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC9QJV

KC9QJV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well i've spent all day racking my brain on antennas I've looked at that Dipole but I'm pretty much limited on were and how i can put any antenna up hence why i was trying to make the UHV-6 a base. I'm thinking about getting that buddypole as it looks like it would do all i want and it's easily tucked away when i'm not using it. I'll head over to 28.4 again and see what happens.

2. KC9QJV

Well I've figured out alot of things today in my quest to get the swr of my antenna better. Using The UHV-6 as a base antenna for all the bands i wanted to use the antenna for would be a little ridiculous and given my restrictions for how and were I can put the antenna I ultimately figured it's just not gunna work optimally. I also found out that since the swr of the antenna was so far off most of the time the radio would kill my transmit power to protect the radio. I've done alot of research and talking with some guys on 2m and ultimately decided that the buddipole for what I can do is going to be my best option so I just ordered the Deluxe model with the longer mast it should be here in within a week so. When it comes in I'll set it up and we can try this out. Thank you for being willing to try with me and Ultimately i just needed to get a better antenna setup.

3. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

The eham review is pretty positive for this antenna as a portable.
    http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2651

4. KC9QJV

It was ultimatly the eham reviews and the fact that the boss said I can get it that lead me to doing it. Hopefully in a week or so when it gets here we can finally make some contacts.

5. WA4OTD

I would still try a dipole on 10M. You have a week now to play!

I have a 1/2 inch copper pipe 10M dipole in my attic (and telescoping part to make change it up to 20M). WOuld have been lot easier with aluminum. Buy two 10 feet sections and cut each to 8' and 3" attach to something like 2x2 with U bolts and then mount, either on house or on pole. OR buy 8 foot section and attach 3 inch piece telescoping piece at the end. Easy dipole for 10M.

6. KC9QJV

Trying something new

I've been playing with some qpsk31 and found out that with my current setup my antenna does much better and i can actually xmit at full power yay!!! I'm on 28.120 qpsk31-lsb if anybody can hear me please try and respond I'd love to try this out

7. K5DXX

K5DXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a new tech and can meet you on 28.300 tonite around 2000hrs MDT

Hi...I have not made a contact yet. Got my ticket Monday.

:eek:

8. KC9QJV

Sorry about that Haven't been at the computer or radio since this morn if you wanna try tomorrow just let me know when

9. WA4OTD

I'm listening on 28.4MHz

15 meters and 17 meters was open nice tonight earlier.

10. K5DXX

K5DXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I can be on 28.3MHz tonite about 2000hrs MDT.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.