ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB3SKU

KB3SKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi i need to ask this to make sure.Ill probably get flamed anyway but oh well im used to it,its the only way ill learn lol.

I know as a Tech i can talk on 10m SSB only but with 6m im not really sure,can i talk on 6m fm or is it just SSB?

I did look at the frequency list and all it says is voice for 6m but doesn't say SSB same goes with 10m but someone told me it was only SSB for 10 meters,which im glad they did.

Please help.

Thank you in advance for the help.

2. PA3AMZ

PA3AMZ Ham Member QRZ Page

SSB (USB) at 6 meters too, at least in segment 50.100-50.500.
    My source: http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bandplan.html

Edit:
    (Read also: http://www.uksmg.org/content/6mb_p_hb9qq.htm )

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  3. W9PSK

W9PSK Ham Member QRZ Page

This is not a flame, ok? You need to get a copy of the band plan through the arrl website. It's free, and it's an excellent resource for the very question you are asking.

Attached Files:

4. KB3SKU

5. KB3SKU

I looked at that like i said in my first post but only thing i see is Phone,nothing about SSB for my tech license range :(

I see in the key but where 6m is it shows green wich is phone and image and red which is RTTY and data. it doesnt show anything for yellow which is SSB. This is what led me to my question about 6m. I do look at the band plans,honest.looking at the band plans it would lead me to believe i could talk in FM 6m like i can on 2m and 440.

Now for 10m it does show yellow which is SSB,for my class .

Sorry for that thing about the flaming. im so used to it now i kinda expect it lol :)

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

As a tech, your privileges above 50 MHz are identical to those of general and extra. The only difference between the licenses is in frequency access below 30 MHz.

So you can do anything on 6M, 2M, or the higher freqs that anyone else can do. FM, ssb, ATV, EME, whatever. There are no restrictions for the license classes. All are equal above 50 MHz.

Joe

7. KB3SKU

Oh ok so im safe to assume that using FM is safe,Cool.

Im not trying to sound like a broken record to people its i just want to make sure of things so i dont lose my license. Can ya tell that i cherish my license yet? :D

I do want to say thanks to all that put up with me :)

8. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Phone = Voice

Voice can be SSB, AM, FM. On 10 meters you are allowed voice in SSB only no other Phone modes. On 6 meters you are allowed all modes. Does that help? :confused:

9. KB3SKU

yes sir it does thank you i just wanted to make sure thats all :( Sorry if i annoyed ya :(

10. KD7MSC

KD7MSC Ham Member QRZ Page

No apology needed. Happy to help. Print out that band plan and keep it handy. Don't take offense at this. If you don't already have the Technician study manual you may want to pick one up. It has all kinds of info in it that you may find useful. It should cover your privileges and a lot of other useful info. This is a good time to be on 6 and 10 BTW. We have been having some pretty good E openings. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.