ad: elecraft

100 Watts and a Wire: Episode 97

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0STH, May 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

On this episode, we take to the field. Nope, not to activate. We're cleaning up. Last week's storms left us with a lot of tree damage. How do things look in the antenna garden? Overgrown! We'll also talk about direct burial coax and the position of antennas. Plus, we launch a new DSTAR segment featuring common questions from our community. All of this and more on this edition of 100 Watts and a Wire.
    +++
    http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/episode97
    +++
    Join Emmy winning producer Christian Cudnik, K0STH for an inside look at the world of amateur radio. 100 Watts and a Wire is a podcast celebrating amateur radio through the eyes of a newer ham. The show features topical conversation, interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure things out.

100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, those looking to serve as Elmer’s, and the technically curious crowd.

New members to this community are encouraged to subscribe and to share it with others. Look for the RSS feed under each episode. You can find us on iTunes and Stitcher.

iTunes: goo.gl/G4ODJc
    Stitcher: goo.gl/X3hrsa

Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, everyone is welcome. In our community, it's OK not to know everything, ask for help, give advice and get on the air.

HF Calling Frequencies: 14287 and 7180
    DSTAR REF026B
    EchoLink: Node 517090

K3TEF, VE6DV, WD9GCO and 3 others like this.
  2. N3HKN

N3HKN Ham Member QRZ Page

The episode I heard began with some incoherent references to a coke machine. Not professional and boring. Fast delete.

WJ0B and OH2FFY like this.
  3. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't last beyond 4 minutes.

gregW:) OH2FFY

4. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree.

WJ0B likes this.
  5. WD9GCO

WD9GCO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Christian's podcast is not 100% ham radio because most people's lives aren't 100% radio. All of us who listen have other things going on in our lives, and the 100WAAW community is about sharing all of those things. If you don't like it, that's fine. There are plenty of other radio-related podcasts with 100% radio content.

KF5RHI likes this.
  6. K2LH

K2LH Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here

WJ0B likes this.
  7. WJ0B

WJ0B Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to unplug from pod, don't need to hear about cleaning the yard up after a storm on a ham radio podcast. The sponsors will unplug as well when the numbers drop.

8. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps the "Other Things" should be posted on YouTube under a different category than ham radio. In my experience, 100 watts and a wire is a reference to ham radio, not yard work. I agree that everyone has other things going on in their life, but, a ham radio podcast should be about ham radio. It is the only reason I listen. When they start talking about ie cooking or bicycles or yard work they lose me very quickly. Other seem to feel the same way. I am certain, a yard work podcast would draw many viewers interested in yard work, but if they talked about ham radio, the yard work crowd would quickly fall by the wayside.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018