ad: Radclub22-1

100 Watts and a Wire: Episode 86

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0STH, Feb 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K0STH

K0STH Ham Member QRZ Page

We all have a list. You know about the "home repair" and the "honey do" list. Maybe you have a, "I've been meaning to do that" - list? Or, a "maybe when I retire" - list. But, what's next on your amateur radio project list? Listeners answer the call. Plus, how to deal with QRM on and off the air. What can we do when you want to do more than just "turn the dial"? All of this and more on this edition of 100 Watts and a Wire.

http://100wattsandawire.com/100-watts-and-a-wire/episode86

100 Watts and a Wire ® is a weekly podcast celebrating amateur radio. Join Christian Cudnik, K0STH for topical conversation, interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out.

100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, those looking to serve as Elmer’s, and the technically curious crowd.

Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, everyone is welcome. In our community, it's OK not to know everything, ask for help, give advice and get on the air.

Visit 100wattsandawire.com for more information. You can subscribe to the show by clicking the RSS feed. Or, by using podcast apps like, iTunes or Stitcher.

iTunes: goo.gl/G4ODJc
    Stitcher: goo.gl/X3hrsa

HF Calling Frequencies: 14287 and 7180
    DSTAR REF026B
    EchoLink: Node 517090

Gathers happen on Thursdays at 8p Central. Bands may vary.

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

JT65. Definitely.

K5AGE and K0STH like this.
  3. K7CFO

K7CFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Camping with my new Operator G1 from Hardened Power. Good for use with non-hams/family and plenty of battery to juice up your phone.

I too have been playing with a monoband JT65 transceiver.

K0STH likes this.
  4. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Next project is auto control of my az-el rotors. have an old kit supplied by TAPR that I intend to build, but part of the project will be interfacing to an old U-110 rotor, which is very different than interfacing to the KenPro KR500 (similar to modern "yaesu" rotors which many use).

Odds and ends projects include: soldering some cables, replacing a battery and light in my FT-736R, and recapping some old broadcast radios.

K0STH likes this.
  5. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Plan to make a second 20 meter coaxial-dipole (bazooka) to go with the first one I made so I can phase them together and get more directional gain.. Also have plans and materials for a 160 meter inverted L. Just made a homebrew paddle, needed to program the CW memories in my TS2000 as the memories can't be programmed with a straight key or a bug, which I actually prefer over the keyer (the paddle is kind of touchy - end up with extra dits or dahs sometimes). Plan on getting a decent used paddle @ next hamfest I attend, would love to find a used Begali, but I don't think people sell those once they get them they're so nice LOL .. Just getting back into CW after 45 years and it's been a real blast !

K0STH likes this.
  6. KE8AQW

KE8AQW Ham Member QRZ Page

K9PLG and K0STH like this.
  7. K5AGE

K5AGE Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too! My Digimaster MiniproSC came in the mail last night. I stayed up till midnight getting it running. I did not stay up that late because I had problems, I stayed up that late because I was having so much fun! Yes there were some challenges, but that also was part of the fun.

K0STH and W1YW like this.
  8. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Currently I'm working on pairing up a Raspberry Pi with a Yaesu FT-8900R inside a Pelican case for a portable EmComm / satellite kit.

I'm also wanting to get into JT65

K0STH likes this.
  9. DB2WH

DB2WH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll built my Tiny Gate modem for digital modes. Now I'm using SignaLink USB for JT65 on 40m.
    It's also good for digital modes.

73 de DB2WH

---
    DB2WH Peter S.
    Unkel/Rhine
    Rhineland-Palatine nr. Bonn

K0STH likes this.
  10. K9PLG

K9PLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for links ! -- I really like your design & build ! GREAT JOB ! the ten-ne-ke 's just too small for my taste ) - think I might get a KK2 paddle from American morse - they seem to get good reviews and are not too pricey ($75) or see if I can find a used vibrokeyer @ a hamfest - I like & have a Vibroplex bug since I had one as a novice, but I must have been better then than now since I needed to make a weight extension to slow the thing down LOL... it''s just too fast without the extension /

K0STH likes this.
  11. K2GOG

K2GOG Ham Member QRZ Page

K0STH likes this.