ad: Radclub22-1

10 mtrs open

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ4FM, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. MM0IMC

MM0IMC Guest

I have had the same problem for a wee while now, most notable in QSO with a Canadian station. Fortunately, he got over the most of it and it didn't cause too much bother.

[video=youtube;ueCxCPH7AsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueCxCPH7AsM&feature=related[/video]

I believe that the RSGB Intruder Watch is speaking to Ofcom about this very problem, it does seem to raise it's ugly head everytime there is a bit of propagation coming in from Russia. By the way, this problem affects a large swath of the HF RF spectrum from 25MHz through to 30MHz. I'm sure part of 25MHz is used for radio astronomy.

Ian - MM0IMC.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
  2. K0AP

K0AP Ham Member QRZ Page

VU2NKS was worked on 10m RTTY via the north pole, absolutely amazing signal. Other stations have been worked over the North Pole so it is definitely open. Some people say "Oh, the condx on 10m were much better in the late 50's than what they are now" which is kind of laughable statement</SPAN>, IMO. All I could say is, 10m band ROCKS big time. Enjoy while it lasts!

73 Dragan K0AP</SPAN>

3. G7FSI

G7FSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done one the video Ian MM0IMC & info on the RSGB Intruder Watch, it's quite a problem on 10M,
    all the best from Barry G7FSI 73

4. G0ORH

G0ORH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    Yes JA and ZL and all manner of DX worked on 10m here in the UK, great stuff, long may it last especaially past 26 November 20011 at least for the CW contest of the year!!
    Ken..G0ORH / M3i

5. KJ6EZQ

KJ6EZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, we can only hope it will last 18000 years!

6. KG6UTS

KG6UTS Ham Member QRZ Page

10_12_17_no 6

Working barefoot from DM13tf in Borrego Springs, CA with a ladderline fed 80m dipole. There was a pipeline into the Balkans, also UK and Europe. I even had 10mtr AM contacts with the East Coast and Gulf states. It was a fun weekend between yard work etc.

EdZ KG6UTS
    DM12-jr
    DM13tf

7. WK5X

WK5X Guest

That QSO would be a great addition to any log! I heard VU2KNS Saturday morning on RTTY, but was unable to complete a QSO. From your location, the path is tangent to the 84th parallel. I did manage to work VU2NXM on 15 Meter CW last Tuesday morning, just after local sunrise. If I hadn't taken the day off to go to the dentist, I would have missed this QSO :D There is a lot less stateside competition for the rare ones on weekdays.

I'm sure that the propagation during the early 1980s, and the period between 1989 and 1991 exceeded what we are experiencing now. I've yet to hear any Western Europeans at midnight via the long path here on the East Coast. Perhaps it has occurred, but I haven't experienced it yet during this cycle. It was routine during my Novice days (1980). Nothing that we've experienced to date in the current cycle rivals that time period.

8. NY3V

NY3V Ham Member QRZ Page

I sometimes like to operate JT65 digital mode with only 20 watts & my attic dipole.

I am amazed how my puny setup is heard all over the world, even though I seldom have anyone return my call. I know this because of the the automatic logging the free downloadable JT65-HF program I use does. I use this web site to search for my call letters after I have been CQing or calling other stations >>> http://hamspots.net/wsjt/

You can also use hamspots site to search for your call letters when you operate other modes like SSB phone or CW code.

9. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Ron, hope to work you soon.
    Our man Rob, W1AEX, has an excellent graphic interface and recording system enabling him to post "aircheck" recordings on YouTube.
    Check this out --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-d63EEpNo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.