SOLD 10 Mhz GPSDO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N4TWX, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. N4TWX

N4TWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Has 10 Mhz and 1 PPS output. Comes with power cube,antenna, and CD with Lady Heather software. $150 shipped Con. U.S. Paypal preferred.
    100_1725.JPG

KO6KL likes this.
  2. KV6O

KV6O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Any more info? What oscillator is being disciplined here? What GPS core is being used?

3. N6YFM

N6YFM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have one of these, the next model up with an LCD display. They are made by a guy in China, fairly decent construction.
    The guts are the older Symmetricom GPS disciplined Oscillators that provided precision time and frequency reference
    for mobile phone cell sites. The fellow in China only builds the packaging, the guts were professionally manufactured
    for the commercial cell-phone industry by Trimble or Symmetricom. The serial port provides a command line reference
    for controlling and monitoring the status of the unit. It also contains a long-term log file of previous usage coordinates.
    I found from the log that my unit was originally at a cell phone tower in the middle of Tokyo.
    Here is a link to some information about these popular GPSDO units on EEVblog:
    http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/a-look-at-my-symmetricom-gpsdo-(ocxo-furuno-receiver)/25/

The 10Mhz output is HIGHLY accurate, and is synchronized by monitoring GPS satellites. Make sure the seller is providing the
    GPS antenna for this unit. After power up, a GPSDO unit like this can take up to 15 or 30 minutes to reach full accuracy, due to
    time needed to lock onto enough GPS birds and then time needed to average out signals, jitter, etc.
    The 10mhz output can feed inputs on high end transceivers, oscilloscopes, and frequency counters to provide even
    better accuracy.

If you are trying to operate JT-65 "Off the Grid" with no internet, you can feed the 1 pulse per second output to a
    raspberry Pi controller, making a cheap Ethernet based precision time reference for your laptop or computer, to
    keep the digital modes in sync. These are great devices for time and frequency reference.

You can see photos of the Trimble Thurderbolt circuit board that is inside, by looking on ebay.com

Cheers,

Neal

KO6KL likes this.
  4. N4TWX

Thanks for adding the information Neal.

5. K8MHW

K8MHW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd certainly like my 10mhz port to see some discipline...so I'll buy your kit.

Mark - K8MHW

6. N4TWX

7. N4TWX

Sold Sold Sold thanks Mark. Admin please remove Ad

8. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.