10 Meters, CQ CQ, is anyone on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5MLS, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

sigh...

2. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to reverse beacon and send some code for a few minutes, this will verify if the band is out or the ops are sleeping.

NL7W, WZ7U and NK2U like this.
  3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Last Sunday I heard some Italian beacons on the otherwise empty 10m band, so I started calling CQ in CW. A moment later a local ham called me on our 2m FM club frequency and asked what I was doing there ;-)

Worked one Russian finally.

4. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the last month using SSB with 50w pep max and a 0.64 wave vertical from the South West of England Ive worked,
    Maderia
    Mauritania
    Namiba
    Zimbabwe
    Italy
    Germany
    So whilst thin on the ground , there is life still out there ! Last weekend I was hearing India on 28.500 at 5/3 but alas he wasn't hearing me.
    Keep the faith and call CQ.
    (M6YOM/2E0YTX)

KM4SII likes this.
  5. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

10 is open right now. Just finished with WA9CXN.

28.400 QRZ?

6. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice 10m Es opening this evening around 7/8 PM EST! Good to hear some activity!

It was a very selective opening as I could hear KP4/FY loud, but have ZERO copy on HH/9Z etc... while stations a state or two away could work them with no problem....

WP4YL and WP4JW were both S-7 to S-9 (QSB) and they both gave me a 59+10db report from my little 100w and a wire. :)
    upload_2017-5-4_22-24-27.png
    73 de KM4SII

7. KM4SII

KM4SII Ham Member QRZ Page

Ooops ... dupe of above

8. VA3DLO

VA3DLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the calling frequencie 28.400 is that fm mode or ssb usp on 10 meter band..VA3DL0

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't read the whole thread, but if I was talking to someone who recently got their ticket, or was about to, I'd encourage them to go for their general and get on HF as quick as they could.

W4NNF likes this.