10 Meters, CQ CQ, is anyone on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5MLS, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Calling CQ on JT65 ... not hearing anything yet, but we'll see... I'll check PSKreporter in a bit if I don't get any answers.

2. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

you're getting out!

3. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

10 meters can be open anytime, anywhere, but it takes two people for a QSO. Most hams consider it a daytime/sunspot max band, and don't bother to listen or call an occasional CQ.

A good place to start is the FM channels starting at 29,600 and every 20 khz up for repeater outputs. Another way to find the band is actually open is to tune down into the CB band and see if activity is there, especially LSB signals above and below the standard allocation.

My most memorable 10 m QSO was from Tacoma, WA to Boise ID on 29.600 FM. This was done at about 11:30 PM to 1:00 AM PDT, and my friend Doug and I had an armchair QSO with a full-quieting signal on both ends. Surprised both of us.

Gary WA7KKP

NK2U likes this.
  4. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

10M DX Booming RIGHT NOW FYI .. hope you see this : D

5. KE4VNC

KE4VNC Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hrm.. this is new to me thanks.

7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

why doesnt our 10m propagation ever look like this?

Obviously 10m "works" today so why, around 12:00pm EST, wont the Western Hemisphere propagation map look like this?

mapjpg.jpg

8. AG4RT

AG4RT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Was there a contest in Europe? ;)

It's funny how a "band opening" always seems to coincide with a contest.

9. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

there has been jt65 activity on 10m for the past 2 days but it's the same Argentine stations...and me.
    I really am beginnging to wonder if US stations simply arent using the band. There's a 10-10 contest coming up soon - perhaps that will help.

10. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

They don't have internet service / reliable internet. Just like you did, its much easier to visit this forum and have a contact or two.