10 Meters, CQ CQ, is anyone on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5MLS, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave no not during a contest.. was looking for a real qso.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Gotcha. Just need to say that I can often call on 20 and 40 meters for 30 minutes without a reply. So a dead-much-of-the-time band like 10m, where casual ragchewers are highly unlikely to just be browsing for a CQ -- you could probably call for hours with no response. At least until 10m goes back to being open all the time.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  3. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Contest QSOs are real QSOs. What you were looking for was a "ragchew" QSO.

N7ANN likes this.
  4. KK4RZM

KK4RZM Ham Member QRZ Page

10m was alive today for a short while (at least to Brazil from Southern US) 28.400 and surrounding frequencies were active. For about half an hour. I made 3 contacts and then it was gone.

I still monitor 28.400 so keep trying!

Disclaimer: The contacts I made today were the first I've heard on 10m in a year. However, my antenna sux, and it's low.

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Latitude certainly has a part in it right now. :oops:

6. W9AFB

W9AFB Ham Member QRZ Page

You can make a temporary dipole if you have some coax, wire, and a small piece of 1x2 as the insulator.

7. KG5WEN

KG5WEN Ham Member QRZ Page

I am currently in Kuwait, I think Ill look for the HF radio on base. I have seen a few Dipoles. I made sure we brought our hf radio an/vrc-100 fought with them a couple of months about getting the antennas that the radios were suppose to have. They brought them here and didn't set them up. Anyway I'll look for that radio and see if can get on 10meters. I have yet to make a contact on that .

8. KJ4RZZ

Hearing beacon K9QW/B from IN in Florida right now... FYI

9. KJ4RZZ

Called CQ for awhile on 10m 28.400 today, no takers, but I did get some DX using JT65. Only 10 watts.

10. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page