ad: GNOHF-1

10 Meters, CQ CQ, is anyone on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5MLS, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Things are getting more interesting on 10, according to WSPRnet -
    upload_2017-3-15_15-18-52.png

As you can see, lots of WSPR beacons being heard this afternoon. One of the stations appears to be in Austin, and he's been heard in the 7, 9, and 6 call districts. The fellow in Florida has been copied in England and Sweden.

KA6IBM likes this.
  2. KG5MLS

KG5MLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting on the radio, hopefully it will be in the mail today, I would love to snoop around the 10 Meter band and try to make a few calls! Everyone has contributed great information and I am eager to get started!
    Thank you
    Kevin, KG5MLS

3. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm on 10M, usually on Saturdays and Sundays. I've worked a number of South American contest stations on the past two weekends.

4. KA6IBM

KA6IBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Somebody earlier wrote that 28.400; is the unofficial calling freq for 10 meters. What freq do you hang out on.. I'm building my antenna this weekend but if there are some folks on 10 meters, I'll be there

5. KE4ITL

I'll call CQ on 28.400 and 28.425. I'll scan through the bands from 28.300 up to 28.500.

Give me a shout tomorrow on 28.400 and i'll do the same for you when i'm on.

6. KA6IBM

I'm there!! Best I can do is probably starting at about 2000 UTC (1 pm SoCal time)

forgot to ask, phones or CW?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  7. KE4ITL

Phone. I'll be listening on 28.400 at 2000Z (3pm CDT/1pm PDT. )

8. KA6IBM

Man, I was there but I have high QRN and didnt hear anything.. Anyway, i'll be around all day and will try again

regards

9. KE4ITL

I listened from 1930Z to 2030Z and didn't hear anything. There was A LOT of QRN today.

I've heard that next Saturday may be a good day for 10M. I'll have to check it out then.

10. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I try a CQ on 28050 when the band seems open to find SKCC club members.