10 Meters, CQ CQ, is anyone on?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5MLS, Mar 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. BG6TXF

BG6TXF Ham Member QRZ Page

WO我来自中国

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

欢迎来到zed

我需要日志中的瓷器

3. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave for the win.

I suspect this is true for a lot of the bands. All the talk of gloom and doom about propagation keeps people from keying up. You may have to call for a little while.

And if all else fails, there is a vast network of beacons located on 27.385 lsb. If there's the slightest shred of an opening, those guys are on it like a duck on a june bug.

W7UUU and WZ7U like this.
  4. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of contacts on 10M during the contest this weekend ! Contests - where REAL hams hang out.

W7UUU, NE3R and WU8Y like this.
  5. K2LCK

K2LCK Ham Member QRZ Page

everyone else is imaginaey? i

6. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Isn't it amazing how that works out? I wasn't anywhere near a radio this weekend, but heard from a friend that it was a nice 10m opening.

Shame the bands are dead. :p

7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

The experts say get a years experience first. I am NOT an expert, but I do agree that a little experience makes a better operator. A lot of new hams today have years of CB experience under their belt, but, that is not the kind of experience they need. 73 John

8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am aware of this, and I find their claim of "Expert" status dubious at best.

And, yeah, experience makes for better operators no matter what band your on.

As someone else pointed out in that thread about experience, the basics of courtesy, consideration, respect, patience, and general niceness are not really on the test, and that most of the annoying operators on HF are old timers.

WA4CZD, WD0BCT and WU8Y like this.
  9. K4AGO

I'm confused... Was that before or after he invented Global Warming?

10. K4AGO

Sage advice. Extremely GOOD advice. Write what Dave said down and reread it every couple of hours !!!

W0VRA likes this.