10 meter hamstick dipole

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KK4QYN, Jun 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K4TTJ

K4TTJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I replied to wrong post. :)

2. K4TTJ

K4TTJ Subscriber QRZ Page

He placed the callsign(s) after the class of license.

3. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

The Novice call, not the General, was a WV6. That was back in 1958 when the "normal (KN6)" novice call sign block was used up. WV's were issued to Novices in CA and in 2 land (those were the only call districts where that happened) for the same reason. That was the way it was (normal) at that time in those 2 call districts. When I upgraded to General after one year the WV became a WA. I kept that call sign from 1959 to 1984 when I upgraded to advanced. I went with a 2 X 2 callsign at that point. When I upgraded to Extra and had the opportunity to get a 1 X 2 (K6BZ) I did. When we moved to 7 land, knowing I would never return to CA to live I went for the best callsign available at the time (KW7J)...but I really didn't like it. So when N7WR became available I put in for it and was lucky enough to get it. Two reasons: #1 I prefer a 1 X 2 over a 2 X 1 AND at the time I was a monthly columnist for World Radio magazine so the WR fit. No more callsign changes though since I don't plan on moving out of 7 land