ad: MLSons-1

10 Meter Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N7WR, Dec 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This weekend. I won't be able to give it a serious effort but I plan on giving it a shot. We will see if the contest opens holes in otherwise poor propagation. CU in the test

WW2PT likes this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Pretty soon now the band is going to explode!

Second full weekend of December. Starts 0000 UTC Saturday; runs through 2359 UTC Sunday (December 14-15, 2019)

3. KN4YHP

KN4YHP Ham Member QRZ Page

Also not going to have tons of time but im looking forward to giving it a shot.

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That was fun...first contact K2XR, Dave. Not much activity heard in EPA, so far.

5. KD7RF

KD7RF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the QSO, Jerry!

The band was wide open to the NW and many western states from Arizona last night. Reeled in a few stations from the midwest too.

Hoping for some good propagation the rest of the weekend.

73 to all,
    Mike

6. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mostly ground wave in state contacts for me so far. I did make a couple up into the North East earlier but still waiting for the league to switch on the propagation machine for the most part.

AJ6KZ likes this.
  7. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked two of the states I needed, CO and SD. Nine to go.

It's 2:50PM Saturday. I can hear few domestic stations compared to earlier in the day. I'm hearing few Brazilian stations.

I'm watching the spotting networks like a hawk for states I need. When I tune to some spots, I just can't hear them. I'm sure the spots are valid, but propagation is weak.

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Down here in Mobile, Ala., the noise level has been around S-6 all day. I did hear a couple of weak stations in the N.E. & 1 here in Ala. around 1600-1700z, but, NOTHING since.:(

9. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yesterday evening a couple dozen Q's--all OR, CA and AZ. Listening off and on today not a peep even on CW. Maybe later this afternoon. Ah for the decades past where in the morning on 10 it was EU and AF and this time in the afternoon tons of JA's

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of CW here on the east coast but they are WAY too fast for me!

11. W3DLB

W3DLB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Logged a couple of deep south stations and heard some upper midwest. Rough copy but got a few of em!

12. K9QOO

K9QOO Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you CQ on the 10 M Contest? Is it CQ 10M?

13. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

(phone) CQ contest, CQ contest, this is K9QOO, K9QOO K9Queen Oscar Oscar...that will do it.

14. K9QOO

K9QOO Ham Member QRZ Page

How about CW?

15. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Coincidentally I worked K0OO. Would be nice to have K9QOO in the log as well.