ad: portazero-1

10-9?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3SY, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Careful Bubba, some here fit this descriptor
    canthandletruth.gif

2. KW0FRE

KW0FRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the 70s when I was on CB, it was a lot of fun. Then that song and movie came out and things went south in a hurry. I talked SSB on 16 with the 23 channel units and we tried to work it like hams. I got out of it about the time 40 channel rigs came out. We had clubs, CB get togethers like hamfests, qsl cards, callsigns (mine was KMD 0848), pretty much the same stuff I see in the ham world. I suppose they chew on hamsters on their forums. I think it's easier to ignore things I don't like rather than make up a bunch of crap about it.

W4RAV likes this.
  3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

After listening to 27.405 and 27.425 LSB for a few nights, I can safely state that the operators on 27.405 and 425 are far more professional, more polite, and have their acts together far better than those shown by operators here on the east coast operating on 3844, 3850, 3910 and 7200. At least the 425 gentlemen know how to pronounce their call signs clearly and minimize or completely avoid the use of vulgar language.

So WHY do we pick on them???????

WZ7U likes this.
  4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I belong to several CB forums and I really don't see a lot of ham bashing because a lot of them are hams!

Beside that there are a lot of CB operators who operate n a more professional manner than any hams, and many of the CB gang are better technicians.

KD8DEY likes this.
  5. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

6. WD4CHP

WD4CHP Ham Member QRZ Page

The D-104 did also come as a hand mic.