ad: wmr-1

10-9?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3SY, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dat chicken-choker requires 2 hands!

W2AI likes this.
  2. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I can honestly say that I have never said 'Hi Hi' on the radio.

W4IOA likes this.
  3. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

That there cotton pickin' Unit 251 outta th' daggone state o' Alabama, by golly! Mercy sakes.... AAAALLO.... <whistles> The WEAKEST station in the nation with NO modulation, tain foar?

4. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay, but have you said "Fine business, old man?"

W5TTP likes this.
  5. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago, before we all had cell phones, when I was too cheap to buy a 2 meter rig, I tried a CB in the car, just to have a radio in the car for directions or emergencies. Absolutely useless. Unless you sounded like a member of the cast of Hee Haw after a gallon of Jack Daniels, nobody would come back to you -- IF YOU WERE LUCKY! Because usually, your request for assistance would be met by "Git offa thar, college boy!" or something similar, along with carriers, music, or general noise.

Plain English was severely frowned up, and I think could get you cited by either the FCC or The Channel Master.

6. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

One day on the way home from work I was listening to a conversation on the CB radio about who talks the best CB lingo. I listened for a while and finally couldn't resist the temptation and broke in. I told them that I thought they all sounded really awful and they should just stick to plain old English.

I asked for one good reason to have any kind of lingo outside of plain English and none of them could give me an answer.

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

El Steve-o. The Tuscaloosa Blow Torch is back at you, we done got down! *PING*

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

And folks wonder why CB gets a bad rap... :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

WA9SVD likes this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

They do? o_O

:D

K4PIH likes this.
  10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Consider the source. Err, I mean consider the audience....:(:rolleyes: