ad: M2Ant-1

10-9?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3SY, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ham-speak is silly - hams are very WORDY fellows . . . no one speaks like that in real life.

If I need to stop and get gas i say "ok need to make a quick stop for gas. be right back" whereas others say "gas gauge is telling me I am running low on fuel so I must stop at the fueling station to add fuel to my automobile. I shall return upon successfully acquiring said fuel."

When i am where i need to be and need to get off the radio, i say "Ok guys, I'm where i need to be so will catch you all later. Have a good day - WF4W"

Instead of "my working conditions here at my home QTH are" - I say "I'm using an Icom 7610 with about 500 watts to a vertical"

I really dont get it. It's like they're writing a paper and need to meet a minimum word requirement.

WN1MB, W9FL and W5TTP like this.
  2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

as she quietly contemplates how she is going to pay for his life insurance policy she recently doubled....

3. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

They're both dead broke financially. He (or she) maxed out their credit cards and borrowing money off relatives. I guess she needs to get a job to subsidize his amateur radio avocation. :p

4. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Huh!

When Burt was above ground, and Sally was a babe.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    W2AI likes this.
  5. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Classic!

KMA-1004 :)

6. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

There are topical ointments available for those who are destinated. No need to brag about ailments, although that's another massively popular hamateur topic.

N6PJB and W5TTP like this.
  7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Don’t forget about Plan 9 From Outer Space... :eek::eek:

8. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Desitin. :D

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

What was your handle on CB?

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

My son lived in Desitin Florida a few years ago...

NL7W and WS4JM like this.