10-80 meter transceiver for $119 shipped

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by AE5X, Dec 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks - I've bookmarked your page to follow the build.

I'll be most interested in how clean the output is for such a broadband rig.

N8TGQ likes this.
  3. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

Good idea - I'll bring it in to work after the build and put it on our spec-analyzer.

4. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an updated version of the original uBITX, which you can build from plans here. This new design also has publicly available specs and you can build one yourself.

I just got one of Ashhar's BITX40 kits, which is a single-band transceiver. It's designed with a separate power rail for the PA, so technically you can increase the power by applying a higher voltage to the PA than the rest of the transceiver. I note that this new design has the same separate PA rail, and with two MOSFETs you can probably go well above 10W that way.

5. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for posting this!

I've got a QCX arriving any day now, and adding one of these will have me all set up for fooling with digital modes portable. I stumbled into this design for a tuner: http://hfsignals.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-balanced-tuner.html

My thinking is putting all three and a battery system and a USB interface all in one black box in the style of a spy radio.

6. KC8YLT

KC8YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very interesting, waiting to see how this kit takes off!

7. KB0MLR

KB0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

I just bought my Christmas present.

8. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

So IRF510's will work all the way up to 10m.... good to know :).
    Looks like a cute rig. It says general coverage RX, I wonder about TX?

9. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

TX is general coverage too but low-pass filters on output favor ham bands.

10. K5DH

K5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered one yesterday (Christmas present to myself!). Looks like it'll be a fun project.