10-10 Club still functioning?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by W4POT, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know it's a low point in the sunspot cycle and the last 45 days or so has had three major holidays here in the US, but my application to join and subsequent email asking about the status of that request have gone without response for some time.

Does anyone know how promptly the 10-10 Club responds to emails and applications normally?

My SPAM folder and junk filters have been checked and other mail is arriving just fine.

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it is still active and 2 daily nets are held on 10 (28.380/28.800) everyday except Sunday.

There are also daily nets as listed on the web site... and a winter phone contest is in February.

Normally, you will get an immediate response after submitting an application.

45 days does see odd.
    did you send the application to K6RDK or some one else?

I sent an email to them. You should get a reply soon.

3. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We are quite active - I'd be happy to inquire on your behalf to our Membership chair as to the status of your application.

4. KD2NOM

Edward,

I forwarded a link to this thread to David, K6RDK.

David indicated he responded twice to you via email - the first time was within 24 hours. It's possible it was blocked by your ISP. I'm going to instant message you the details.

Best regards,

Mark

5. W4POT

ND6M - the web form didn't expose an email address when I submitted it, so I didn't know where my info went. Thanks for your actions on my behalf.

KD2NOM - The details you provided in IM were very helpful and I've taken the next step to sign up. Thanks so much. It's possible that some anti-SPAM filter mistakenly caught and deleted the initial responses from K6RDK. I run my own domains' mailservers and have since loosened up the filters and turned off autodelete to see if something makes it though now that I can add to the whitelists.

6. KD5DE

KD5DE Ham Member QRZ Page

I got the Data Managers monthly report on the last day of December. He processed 91 transactions last month and 60 of these were paypal related. This is his normal level of activity. Over the past 7 years I have never had a report of delayed response. The data manager sent me a copy of both emails he sent to you in response to your application. The first one was on the day of the application. I feel that is may be an email issue. If you sent the data manager a personal email and did not get a response it is likely there is an email problem. Feel free to contact me directly. KD5DE President 1010 International Net INC

7. KD2NOM

Great news!

Welcome aboard!

8. KD5DE

KD5DE Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad we were able to resolve this. Always hurts when someone post on social media out of desperation. If anyone has an issue with 1010 please contact any of the directors or myself first. With 57 years of history and now with over 77600 numbers issued chances are we can resolve any issue directly.
    KD5DE Mel Sojka President 1010 International Net IBC

ND6M likes this.
  9. W4POT

I recognize that this thread will hang around and that in the future others are likely to find it by searching and then read it. In this case multiple responses and complete resolution was reached in less than 24 hours from when I made the original post here. That's great and exceeded my expectations!

The 10-10 Club was very responsive in a quick manner and the sign up process functioned as it should after contact was made.

My advice to others considering signing up would be to not wait as long as I did before sending a follow up inquiry if you don't receive a response to your web submission in your email's inbox.

ND6M and KD2NOM like this.
  10. KZ4KX

KZ4KX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I sent in my application and the reply I got in reply was that I got the ops and numbers from a data base. I guess it was too much trouble checking the logs I sent which all were confirmed on QRZ logbook.