ad: elecraft

1.4 Million Watt Tour At The WRMI MEGAWATT Shortwave Site

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jun 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

wow,wow and WOW! the Jesus stick reminds me of the " S.O.B. SCREW DRIVER " I used to have many years ago and the antenna system was awesome to say the least! I have some of these ham stations in other countries the put a signal here in the north east of 40 over s 9. I saw an add somewhere a while back from Russia it was a 10 kw amplifier. But this station with 100,000 watt transmitters! WOW AND WOW!

2. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you'll find that these big gun stations have their own electric power generator plants.

3. W1AET

W1AET Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video. Back in the old days this is the way they did it. WLW, 500,000 (not a typo) watts A.M. plate modulated. Modulation transformers weighted in at 37,000 pounds each and it had 2 of 'em!
    http://www.ominous-valve.com/wlw.html .

Makes for an interesting radio read.

4. K9EZ

K9EZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

Truely AWSOME! I'd like to know more about their water cooling system. We had three stage heat exchangers on some of our big stuff in the Navy.
    Tom WA4ILH

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I spent a fair amount of time at their RX site in Hingham MA configuring the banks of National Radio receivers which were often customized standard models.

Most comms were CW and RTTY in those years.

Carl
    National Radio 1963-69