“No returns due to parts swappers”

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W0FK, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was wondering the same thing. Obviously the seller didn’t intend to allow a return.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

W3ESE likes this.
  3. W8WOT

W8WOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because the seller stated in the description it was a working radio.

Actually the seller resold the radio for more than I paid for it about two weeks later. He actually made more money off the transaction by refunding me.

All of them every last one of them. Including the knobs and screws. Seriously it would have been my first radio and I asked the seller prior to buying it if everything worked and it said it did. I spent three hours trying to get sound from it and nothing worked. The seller had the option to dispute the case when he received it if anything was not right. Like I said he resold it and made more money off it.

What have I learned? A bunch of OM's that are salty and accusatory for no good reason.

4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

First you said
    Then you said
    Why would any seller ever say those two
    contradictive statements in his ad. And too me i think that ts a red flag and would not have bought from him. Not saying he is a scammer but if he really did what you said he did I would not feel comfortable buying from him, He sounds confused say it works and then saying it doesn't work and for parts only.
    One of the statements he made was a lie. So i would wonder what else is he saying that is a lie?
    Something about all you said in the first post you made telling about this doesn't make sense to me. Sorry.
    The End.:)
    John, WB0MPB

KS4W likes this.
  5. W8WOT

Lets be clear here. Your reading comprehension is lacking. If you read the first post I made I explained the reason the guy listed it that way.

I dont care if this makes sense to you or not. I stated my interaction and experience, you can accept it or not. Either way its not up for debate on how it happened.

This bit of text makes me laugh...its like you think just because you state the end that it really is the end of the discussion. Normally I would have more to say, but I just dont see the point. Like I said Ive learned there are a lot of OM's here at forums.qrz.com that are judgemental and accusatory for no reason at all.

6. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You know, it's a funny thing. If they are a ham and you are able verify who they are prior to the transaction. I would consider it very dangerous to steal from someone when they know exactly who you are and where you live. I would liken that to playing with fire. Possibly gun fire.

Growing up in Texas. I've known more than my fair share of people who will act on principle over rationality when it comes to things they value. (money, property, family, etc)

W8WOT likes this.
  7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are kind of a snot aren't you. Yes my reading comprehension is lacking is lacking.
    You have no clue of my medical condition. I am only 62 but things have changed in my life through no fault of mine to the point of I am now in a nursing home. So if you want to make fun of me because I am disabled then go ahead. It just shows how little of a man your are.
    I know I have no use for a person like you and I want Nothing to do with you. Some day I hope you grow up and also if you are health you need to the God you are not in the condition I am. So good luck with your life and I really do hope that you mature and become a great person. You are lacking in that right now.
    John, WB0MPB

N1NA, N3AB and KS4W like this.
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I read it the same way.

"I bought a radio that was list as for parts or not working, and the ad stated it was listed that way due to parts swappers but it was working when tested and photographed for listing. I got the radio and it mostly worked, it would transmit and receive but had no audio on receive. The automated return kicked it back and I escalated it to a live operator that was able to push it past."

Sounds like it did work, A little.

KS4W likes this.
  9. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a weird experience after I left bad feedback on ebay. I ordered a switch from China and it got sent to the wrong part of the country.

I waited long enough and then left negative feedback. A few days later I get a call from a woman, that seemed to be distressed, asking if I would change the feedback to positive.

She was very apologetic, her voice was shaky and she sounded like she was going to have a panic attack. It was a little creepy.

10. W8WOT

Here lies the problem with your response, playing the disabled card to get sympathy from other members and making me look like an ass is unacceptable.

Its like this, you cant punch me and when I punch you back yell stop I am disabled. It just doesnt work that way.
    You attempted to troll me initially and when I responded and was just as brash as you were you pulled the disabled card.
    That is pretty crappy and it shows how you feel you are entitled to be an ass because you are disabled.

I said it mostly worked. Just not completely.

Again the seller actually sold the radio to another person after he got it back from me and made more money on it then he did selling it to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.