“No returns due to parts swappers”

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W0FK, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear what you're saying but I don't believe that applies to QRZ.

There will never be sellers here with that many reputation scores because this is a for sale forum for hobbiest, not professional resellers.

I have been screwed a by unscrupulous buyer on eBay and he had a feedback rating of over 100.

Any way you look at it you roll the dice with every transaction.

2. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

So I guess this is an aberration...

Ordered a bare chassis from a seller and he included the wrong covers. I'm going to stuff something entirely different in the box.
    He sent along a few $$ to get the incorrect covers back while sending the correct covers at his expense.

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, and your mileage may vary. By far (and I mean probably 30X) I have had the most problems here on QRZ when compared to eBay. I was having about 50% problems as a buyer here (pre-verified) and gave up. I have completed 1 transaction so far in the post Verified world on QRZ, and it went well.

4. NU9S

NU9S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Been on eBay sine 1999, Amazon, multiple others and have never had a problem with buyers there. The only times I've ever had it done to me is here and you can't do anything about it you lose. PayPal doesn't care what you reply or say you will lose the money. Everyone seems to only care about protecting the buyer or not cheating PayPal out of their fees but not much concern for protecting the sellers. Don't get me wrong there are god and bad of both but the protecting only seems to go one way.

W3ESE likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

At one time Amazon was banning buyers because of massive returns. Not sure if they still do.

Some buyers are never happy.

KP4SX likes this.
  6. W8WOT

W8WOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is false. Although initially it will not allow a automated return, you can escalate the case and get it resolved. I bought a radio that was list as for parts or not working, and the ad stated it was listed that way due to parts swappers but it was working when tested and photographed for listing. I got the radio and it mostly worked, it would transmit and receive but had no audio on receive. The automated return kicked it back and I escalated it to a live operator that was able to push it past. The seller tried to pull the for parts and working and ebay said no and gave them the option of refunding me and I send it back or refund and I keep it. I sent it back on my dime and got a refund. I told the buyer and ebay I would pay to send it back if they would refund the transaction.

This is also false. Paypal will stand with sellers if you can prove that when you shipped, transferred, or face to face gave somebody a item in good faith working condition. Which means photographs or video and send it to them. They might initially refund the person but if you can prove it left your possession in working order you can get your money back.

I think the whole no returns due to parts swappers should no allowed anymore. If you send a item that is working, then you should have a video of the item working prior to being boxed and shipped. Then if somebody says otherwise you have evidence to prove they are wrong.

I sell on ebay and after getting a return request and ultimately having to eat the cost of shipping and returning a item due to somebody swapping my items for their damaged items, I photograph and sometimes video the boxing of the item. Now when/if people claim it was not as advertised I send the video/photos of the being packaged for shipment. Ebay has not sided with the buyer since and I have not lost money other than my time replying to messages/emails.

I have sold items on here and did the exact same thing.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Why should you get to dictate what a seller's terms are?

You have 100% of the choice not to buy the item and move along.

Dave
    W7UUU

N5NOQ, AG5CK, N1VAU and 2 others like this.
  8. W8WOT

W8WOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because I am allowed to have that opinion and express it here so admin like yourself and others can see that people do not agree with some verbiage and consider not allowing people to keep using it.

K3XR and KV6O like this.
  9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The real solution is to list items using: "Sold As-is, no guarantees, no returns".

-Don't spend more than you can afford to lose if the radio turns out to be a brick.

N5NOQ, K2CD, KV6O and 1 other person like this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would you do that ? When it was sold as not working.

It sounds like You ripped off the seller. o_O

How many parts did you swap ?

WB0MPB and KJ4VTH like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.