¿OUR QSL CARDS WHERE IS?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by HP1ALX, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. HP1FCC

HP1FCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with the opinions of HP1IBF,HP1ALX, and is the opinion of many others HAMS in Panama that we have to do something about this we are trying to do it the way it should be but we always get wrong answers from the IARU so we are trying to notifiy the rest of the HAM COMMUNITY that it is not that we are interested in sent them the QSL cards is just that trhu the LPRA we dont receive the QSL sent by the HAMS in the rest of the world.

2. HP1FCC

HP1FCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I miss one word ,you know the translation.
    I must say that again:
    It is not that we are NOT interested in return yours QSL cards it is only that trhu the LPRA we dont get yours.

Gus hp1cpe, thanks for your time.

3. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Three bucks was total cost, not the number of green stamps.

I won't send any more than 2 unless there is a certificate or something that requires extra postage.

4. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well my friend, if you are not getting a straight answer from the IARU, you can look at the alternatives.

So sorry to hear of your predicament.

But, your fellow hams are always willing to help.

5. CU2JT

CU2JT Ham Member QRZ Page

We have a little of the same problem on São Miguel Island (CU2). We have an outgoing QSL bureau which distributes outgoing QSL cards 2-3 times a year. But the incoming QSL cards are coming from REP, Lisbon and they do not distribute cards to the Azores. We have to ask people going to the continent to pay a visit and pick up the CU2 cards.

So, if you think the CU's are bad QSL-ers, then you know why. If they do like I do, reply to bureau cards, it can take a while.

We have tried to tell IARU that cards to CU2 should be distributed directly to ARA but they don't even bother to reply to our request.

Hail to LoTW !!

6. WA3KYY

WA3KYY Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe this is a chance for those of us in the ARRL to help apply some pressure. Isn't Dave Sumner, ARRL CEO, the current secretary of the IARU? If so then perhaps a query to him about these situations in HP and CU land (and others) are in order. Maybe even a few letters to QST.

Mike WA3KYY

7. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe that is what we need. Good idea.

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm.

IARU is made up of the national amateur radio organizations in each country. They are not "appointed," but choose to join the IARU. So it is misleading to state or imply that IARU has "appointed" one club in each area to be the QSL Bureau.

It would be more accurate to say that one of the functions of the IARU Member Society, as the national organization, is to run the incoming & outcoming QSL bureaus.

With this in mind, it seems that the beef is with the part of the national organizations that run the incoming and/or outgoing QSL bureaus. My understanding is that each IARU society has it's own methods of doing so. Some distribute cards only to members; some to all amateurs whether or not they are members; some for no or reduced fees to members but full fees to non-members; and so forth.

So... while I have full sympathy to those complaining about their incoming and/or outgoing QSL bureaus, how is complaining to the IARU going to help? Yes, the IARU HQ can talk to the member society HQ's about this or any other given issue, but because management of the QSL bureaus is an internal issue, I don't think that they have much pressure to bear.

Just sounds like this is an issue better addressed within the internal workings of the organization, something that the members of that organization can address.

...ah, you are a member of your national organization, aren't you?...

Now, if there is a poor relationship between the national organization (of ANY nation) and one of the local or regional clubs within that nation... wouldn't it be a good idea for the members of both groups to resolve their differences for the good of all? Just asking.

9. HP1ALX

HP1ALX Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear CAM, however the LPRA received each month several packets from USA and the rest of the world, ¿where is the packets with houndres QSL cards that you know some member accuse to hold? Thanks for your cooperation.

10. HP1ALX

HP1ALX Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear friend,
    Si, la LPRA recive todas las QSL en su apartado.
    THE old address is P.O. BOX No. 175, ZONE No. 8
    THE new address is P.O. BOX No. 0834-00175.
    As you see no is problem to the postal office, is in the same building and in the same box. The QSL no is lose, the QSL is in the hand of LPRA.
    Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.