¿OUR QSL CARDS WHERE IS?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by HP1ALX, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. HP1ALX

HP1ALX Ham Member QRZ Page

Dears amateur radios of the world: As you know, the IARU named only one club in each country, and if this club no have good relationship with the others club in the area,  they burns, destroyed, keep in a closet for the posterity our QSL Cards that incoming from different countrys of the world.
    I can not understand what the IARU keep only one corresponsal that in  this moment claudicate their activities (may be 10 years ago). Sorry and please accept my apologie in my English. [​IMG]  [​IMG]

2. VA3SAX

VA3SAX Ham Member QRZ Page

I find it odd that the IARU named a specific club to distribute QSLs in panama. here in canada it is a national organization whose job it is to distribute cards. do you have such a national organization in Panama?

3. HP1AC

HP1AC Ham Member QRZ Page

OUR QSL CARDS.....WHERE THEY ARE?[​IMG]?
    Yes , IARU ,has assigned to each country an organization they have as member of their Region.
    In Panama, it is LPRA. You can confirm that in the International QSL Bureau Lists of addresses .
    Now ....our local organization have not even changed their Postal Address as the local Postal Authorities have changed to every owner of a Post Office Box.
    OUR QSL CARDS.......WHERE THEY ARE?[​IMG]?.

4. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Su ingles es mejor que mi espanol. Pero--ha preguntado la oficina de posteos por la nueva dirrecion de LPRA? Tiene LPRA email?

5. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know, the QSL bureaus are assigned to the IARU member society in each country. In the USA, we have ARRL, and ARRL affiliated clubs handle the QSLs for each district.

If you're having problems, maybe it's time to take it up with the IARU directly.

Trust me, I know what it's like in 3rd world countries where the national society is basically falling apart, and another club can't take over because they encounter resistance from the national society who already has a lot of sway in the IARU.

The best solution is to either get your QSLs direct, or to appoint a QSL manager in a foreign country to manage your QSLs.

I'm available as a manager, and I handle direct or via bureau. Alternatively, you can go to http://www.ik3qar.it to look for one.

6. HP1IBF

HP1IBF Ham Member QRZ Page

The big problem here is that the IARU does not care, and resist to know, if the corresponding member society truly represents the country’s amateur radio interest or is fulfilling its job to promote and preserve amateur radio in its country according the IARU´s purposes.  I am sure Panama is not the only country where other group has been obliged to assume this responsibility for the benefit of the majority ham community in the country. It is very sad that the IARU does not WANT to revise this unjust policy, otherwise amateur radio right now would be growing in our country and no ham here would have to ask where are its QSL.

:rock:

7. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that is basically what I am saying.

The IARU doesn't want any other club but its appointed national society to handle IARU business (which is really what the QSL bureau is) in that country, even when the current appointed national society is doing a poor job of IARU business. To them, the status quo is more important than getting the job done.

However, QSL manager is still a very good alternative. You guys should look into that. Plenty of hams are willing and able. Just check out the QSL manager offered listings on http://www.ik3qar.it

8. HP1IBF

HP1IBF Ham Member QRZ Page

"Sway..."
    Yes, that’s exactly the word!
    Thanks, Ryan.

9. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

As good as our system is here, I still prefer to QSL direct.

Perhaps you should consider that as an option and simply put 'direct only with SASE and IRC' on your bio.  Panama is a fairly rare entity and I think most would not mind the extra expense of direct QSLing.  I sure would not.  If I managed a contact with you I would gladly spend the 3 bucks for the chance for a return card.

10. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If they tell people to put 3USD, then that encourages mail theft and people will accuse them of "DXing for dollars" or demanding payment for QSL cards.

HP1 is also not that rare. They've been quite active in a number of recent contests.

2USD is fine, and should more than cover postage costs. In fact I think even 1USD should be able to cover it. I know in Trinidad the postage cost for air mail to the USA is $3.75TTD which is about 60 cents USD. I suspect Panama would be similar.

Postage rates are more expensive in Europe because of the strong Euro, but not in the Americas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.