¿HamCom volunteers really wanted?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KF5KXC, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KF5KXC

KF5KXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kind of frustrated at the moment. Have been trying to get a response out of ARRL about offering to volunteer at the June 8 & 9th Ham-Com in Plano, TX. Got that June 8th Friday approved as a PTO day several months ago. I'm a 6'5" 274# RN with too many years of dealing with ortho/neuro patients and am willing the work the parking lot both days to help with the mobility challenged. I've filled out the volunteer form on the ARRL site so often until the auto-fill function in FireFox will almost fill out the entire form when I log onto that site. I've tracked down the volunteer coordinator's Twitter account and sent him a message that way. Haven't got as much as a 'your fuse has shorted out' or even a 'kiss my ground wire' response out of anyone from ARRL.

What does one have to do get the ARRL's attention? :confused:

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You may be better off going thru the Plano radio club.

Info can be found on the Plano repeaters I would think.

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

As mentioned, the ARRL route is probably a volunteer position for VEs or people helping in their booth and other ARRL-specific stuff. Get on the Plano club website or reflector and ask around.

4. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KF5KXC

Got a call from them and got set up. :cool:

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent! Have fun.

7. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for people like you to do this sort of thing at hamfests or it would be very difficult for some to even come.

Fred/N0AZZ

8. KF5KXC

Was only able to work Friday. Worked the east parking lot helping people out. Also helped some vendors get off loaded for the swap meet area. Then primarily kept an eye on the parking lot Friday afternoon to keep things from 'evaporating'.

Had a great time and plan on volunteering next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.