µBITX FT8 Success

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0VRA, Aug 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, sir. I'm using an old laptop dedicated to this.

2. W0VRA

Hey, is there an easy way to export my Zed logs to a map?

Thanks!

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

hrdlog.net

N2NH likes this.
  4. W0VRA

Thanks! Haha (or LOL or HIHI or HEEHEE) I see some of me in there!

So can I export my Zed log into that site?

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Download your adif log file and upload it there.

N2NH and W0VRA like this.
  6. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can. From the WSJT-X app, open the File menu and click "Open log directory."

In that folder, you will find an ALL.TXT file that will have a listing of all of your decodes and contacts.

N2NH and W0VRA like this.
  7. W0VRA

Hahahahahahahaha just now:

upload_2018-8-8_18-33-42.png

KY5U and AB8MA like this.
  8. W0VRA

That was handy. I had to see how far back I switched bands.

W7TCT likes this.
  9. W0VRA

The fun continues, and I'm learning a lot.

Using PSK Reporter, and finally figuring out how to make it show what I want to see, I find that my antenna seems to work best on 30 M. 20 M goes west and 40 M goes east, but I don't know if that's because the listeners are distributed that way. Besides the spots, I'm noticing that the more honester signal reports (right, @K1OIK?) in FT8 let me compare received and sent signals and they tend to run better on 30 M; yesterday there were several QSOs where my signal was reported stronger than the signal I was getting. I suppose I could export the data in Excel and dig a little deeper.

Yesterday as the grey line was approaching there were spots in Australia and South Africa, which to me amazing, given the conditions, the rig, the antenna, and of course, the operator.

I had a QSO with @EA1DR from Spain yesterday. Haha, before I knew better I thought DXCC meant you had 100 DX QSOs and now even just that seems like a big challenge.

Again I gain more respect and admiration for those who worked the world with gear that was much simpler and not having feedback like I can get with PSK Reporter and WSPR. The thrill you experienced when you heard your callsign from a far away place must have been ten times the pretty good kick I get from knowing my signal gets somewhere at all.

Other than that, FT8 is worthless and not real ham radio. :cool:

K1OIK likes this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The other way is to have it (WSJT-X) prompt you to log a contact. All you have to do is click a button, and the QSO is saved in an adif file, which can then be imported into most logging programs. ;)