ad: Radclub22-1

Sunspot Cycle 25 Will Be a BIG One -- Latest Research for Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8QS, Sep 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K8QS

K8QS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Right.

Quin, K8QS
    Ham Radio Perspectives YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MJT8o8-XMxF8XROf7Q5GA/videos

N4FZ, M1WML and AJ6KZ like this.
  2. K8QS

We all do, Dave. Thanks for your post. Watch for our next video too, which involves Alexander Graham Bell's involvement in ham radio.

Quin, K8QS

N4FZ and M1WML like this.
  3. K8QS

Amen. Gimme 10 meters going wild. Thanks for watching our video and commenting.

Quin, K8QS

4. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I went straight to the "tried and true" prediction tool for solar cycle insight.
    Shook it up real good, flipped it over and looked through the window to the future and it said, “Outlook Not So Good.” Screenshot_20210918-052211_Gallery.jpg game-magic-8-ball-no-text.png

NL7W, KD2SPX, WN1MB and 10 others like this.
  5. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope Scott McIntosh et al. are on to something however I haven't seen anyone question him on SC 13 or 16 which by everway you try a best fit as regards strength of cycle V terminator duration do not fit . SC13 had an amplitude of 147 with the terminator (SC12) at 10.58 years , SC16 at 130 with T at 10.33 years and even SC20 at 157 with T at 10.92 years.
    Also on the graph where he talks about the SN being over 110 is he mixing apples and oranges ? The mean monthly SN in black along with the red, blue and green lines SSN would all have been based on SILSO data but the SN110 where did that come from NOOA ?

DM2TT, N4FZ and M1WML like this.
  6. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

one of the things we would see is what i call the dx frequencies, were a master of ceremonies or channel master would be the traffic cop, he will assign a dx line and call each individual by the assign place on line, and spoon feed the dx, i guess it had a name for this practice i just cant think about it right now,

M1WML and K0UO like this.
  7. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost everyone predicted that the Yankees would win the 1960 World Series :rolleyes:

K8XG, WN1MB, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some more BS Hope for +300 SSs HI

"Don't take your lower band antennas down yet
    The wet noodles laying on the ground are not going to get you DXCC on SSB
    K0UO Rhombic Antenna Farm is located at the Kansas QTH with over Two miles of Wire in the Air & On the Air, “The RF Gotta-Go-Somewhere"!

VK6APZ/SK2022, N4FZ, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  9. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If we're voting, I vote in favor of a higher sunspot number.

If we're conjuring, I would suggest conjuring up a higher sunspot number.

M1WML, AJ6KZ and KR3DX like this.
  10. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Back down to zero for past three days.
    (Cycle 25 sure was fun while it lasted.)

NL7W, N6JPG, K4XJ and 4 others like this.
  11. KC3JH

KC3JH Ham Member QRZ Page

That's called a list operation.

N7ZV and M1WML like this.
  12. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

At first I have to say, that Dr. Scott maybe found a new kind of pattern in the confusing behave of the Sun. At next there is to talk about when the cycle really began. Because the first real activity for cycle 25 was in the end of March 2019. There it was possible for really short while to reach countrys over the pond, when using a QRP Transceiver. But at the moment the correct terminator is set in the definition of a cycle which was this time the Sept. 2020, when NASA calls out the start. So only when the new cycle is to measure the time of the cycle begins. That means for myself, that at the moment it is not really possible to set the correct terminator. But when there were found a new kind of pattern for to understand the terminators and further activity, maybe this will explain the behave of the Sun and whats going on inside. And that could be a big step in the spaceweather forecast, too. And maybe some knowings from the past will lose their passing existence.

M1WML likes this.
  13. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

SFI.jpg Meanwhile....

NL7W, N4FZ and M1WML like this.
  14. K8EEI

K8EEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Well kids , if you stay positive and try to smile it makes you feel better . I predict I will stay tuned for DX . A bad cycle is better than no cycle . But if I want to get depressed this is a good place to come . I think since this cycle might well be the last one for many hams it will be good . seven three .

DM2TT, WN1MB, KJ7MX and 2 others like this.
  15. W4HAY

W4HAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my Novice License just as Cycle 19 was starting up. It was a good time to be a ham.
    If Cycle 25 reaches half that, it will be a good one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021