ad: Schulman-1

ELECRAFT K4D - Tested by HB9NBG+HB9FZC

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by HB9NBG, Jun 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. HB9NBG

HB9NBG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi folks

A great happening: The new K4D from ELECRAFT has arrived yesterday with us:)
    My YL Carine, HB9FZC and I have installed it yesterday and could already log some DX-QSOs on 20m to KL7 and VA2 with the new K4D - we are really very impressed about the performance as well as about the easy handling of this High-End-Transceiver:):)

This morning we've launched the first Video about the new K4D in German language - enjoy it!

You can find more detailled information to the K4 on our website: https://www.lutz-electronics.ch/stationaer/amateurfunkgeraete/elecraft-k4/

hear you soon on-air:):)

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

W3AMT, UR6EA, HB9GZE and 9 others like this.
  2. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

I would if I could but I can't. Stupid net connection playing up. I will have a go later. Keen to see the new K4 in action . thank's de John - G0WXU

M1WML and HB9NBG like this.
  3. HB9CVT

HB9CVT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear René, is this marketing and money making trial gag realy necessary at this page?
    best 73 and 88 -HB9CVT

OE3JTB, AK5B, HB9EPC and 3 others like this.
  4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This whole thing means nothing until they are available widely to all Amateurs.

We've been hearing how great the K4D was going to be through their marketing for the past 4 years .... .. HI

In the meantime "Flxyaecomwood" have all come out with new radios.

73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire in the Air & On the AIR daily

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    N3AWS, HB9EPC, AK5B and 4 others like this.
  5. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

6. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE is ENGLISH, SO IT'S TOO BAD THE REVIEW WASN'T IN ENGLISH!!! :-(

K4FWJ and M1WML like this.
  7. F4HPX

F4HPX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rob Sherwood tested it recently. Although close to the top a bit disappointing as kx3 and k3s were noted better than k4d. But this is from the first batch with very low serial number so I believe that should improve soon.
    As a direct sampling radio is very good but hybrids from Yaesu scored much better and we will have to wait the top range k4 with heterodyne front end which comes at higher cost.
    Nevertheless all radios at this position are very good and possibly operating ergonomics will decide which one we like the best.

K9VA, M1WML, G0UUT and 4 others like this.
  8. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

Ein großer tag. Ein großer tag.

if you click the GEAR/settings on youtube, you can turn on subtitles, it starts in German for some reason, but you can change it
    to anything in the whole wide wide world of sports, even British or American, and English. (click auto-translate for list)
    it is slicker than chicken fat on a doorknob! Auf Wiedersehen und
    sieben drei

GM4JPZ, N3AWS, M1WML and 2 others like this.
  9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking at his QRZ page/ he is a distributor for
    ELECRAFT, so no
    wonder why he got a radio!!

N3AWS, M1WML, W5CJA and 3 others like this.
  10. EI4HWB

EI4HWB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mi aŭdis, ke esperanto estas la internacia lingvo, cetere ne necesas krii.

K1SZO, M1WML, GM4JPZ and 2 others like this.
  11. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

vendre un sourire ne suffit plus ! A+Chris.

M1WML and W4JLN like this.
  12. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I doubt he's biased though :rolleyes:

M1WML, HB9NBG and K0UO like this.
  13. VK4DX

VK4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG! Some people just have no respect.

KR2C, M0MNE, LB0YI and 4 others like this.
  14. W4JLN

W4JLN Ham Member QRZ Page

o_O Amazing how people can be intelligent enough to pass the tests and earn their tickets while being so incredibly ignorant at the same time.

KC2IEB, KR2C, G0LTG and 5 others like this.
  15. F4HPX

F4HPX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatever the language, everyone can post in own if he adresses particular public.
    But if this is a review so possibly not very independent If made by distributor.
    Anyway on Internet we find a lot of stuff today, both very professional and unprofessional, true and not. We saw recently even some reviews based only on technical data and pictures of unreleased gear….
    That’s I believe just a need of content creators aka internet influencers to fill the space and make a buzz to not be forgotten by their community. Also a lot of unboxing videos which I believe are pointless. It’s a soap opera and we need to see episode 135 to actually witness and hear a qso made.
    For me a base for good review would be the one made by an experienced ham that operated rather owned/unsponsored gear for quite a long time already. Otherwise it’s more like an advert.
    It’s up to us to filter out the content and make our own opinion and for sure not rush to overheat our credit cards just after.

M1WML, GM4JPZ, HA3FLT and 2 others like this.