ad: elecraft

A Ham Radio Elmering Experience / Learning POTA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9FFF, Mar 30, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W9FFF

W9FFF Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently had the opportunity to learn about Parks On The Air. However, the experience was much more than "This is Parks On The Air". Instead, I learned the importance of Elemering and really what the hobby of Ham Radio is all about.

I'm not one to share links to my videos, but I felt like most Ham Radio Operators may appreciate a video showing how we come together in this hobby and have a good time / enjoyable experience.

M0BPU, AE0CA, K3ETD and 25 others like this.
  2. K5YVY

K5YVY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Video, well done.

KC7ZXY, W9FFF and K4MID like this.
  3. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

She WAS trying to stab you with the mast! Good job with the Elmering! Nice video with great music in the background.

KC7ZXY, W9FFF and K4MID like this.
  4. KG5TON

KG5TON Ham Member QRZ Page

I just subscribed and hit bell notification on 3 channels. Support quality content.

KJ7RDV, W1SRR, KC7ZXY and 2 others like this.
  5. N9SOX

N9SOX Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

--

7. WW5F

WW5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Young Air Force Comm Officer leading the way? This gives me hope.

I did that too when I was about her age.

KC7ZXY likes this.
  8. KN4LGM

KN4LGM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Click bait! Good video though.

N7KO likes this.
  9. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great fun to watch and contagious!

Video like this should be part of ARRL promotion of Ham radio...These type of videos should be plastered on the front page of ARRL...Leah and her father and others make great videos about adventure of Ham radio.

ARRL, should have on the Front Page "On the Air with Leah KD9LFZ " That would attract more young hams than click here for study for your extra class...I assure you..

I wish ARRL would simply listen! (I was one of the applicants for the President position for ARRL, and I would definitely execute something like that, if I was offered the position).

NN2X / Tom

MW1CFN, W9FFF, N8WXT and 1 other person like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I watched the video in its entirety. Since no one has as much as hinted at the obvious elephant in the room, I'll do it.

This ham radio video featured three licensed amateur radio operators who identify themselves in the video as Astro Leah, Temporarily Offline, and Ham Radio Dude - not as Leah, Steve, and Sean. I fully understand the pseudonyms used are a YouTube thing. However, they also reek of the handles used on another radio service.

Slippery slope anyone?

No you weren't. You applied for the CEO position.

11. PA3FWZ

PA3FWZ QRZ Lifetime Member #86 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nice fun Video to watch, ty

KC7ZXY and N8WXT like this.
  12. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you ever have anything nice to say? I mean promoting the hobby on another platform is a good thing.

KC5HWB, AA1BG, KC7ZXY and 11 others like this.
  13. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I've watched it twice in it's entirety and and all I can say is the elephant isn't as obvious as you think.... maybe explains why no one is hinting at the said obvious elephant. I don't get it. Maybe I need more coffee? Spare me the curiousity and tell me what the problem is?

KC5HWB, KC3PBI, KC7ZXY and 4 others like this.
  14. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know how to frame this, I had three interviews with the steering committee, (From ARRL), you can call it what you want, but yes I applied, interviewed and did not get the offer...And I will say, the interviews where fun, had a pleasant experience. About the position, you are probably right, it was CEO, I forgot the title, (I think, I know why I mistaken the CEO for President, as most of the time the CEO is a higher position than President, whereas in this case it is the other way around, (If I recall)

So you got me there, it was the CEO position, in any case, I would had advocated to have marketing efforts using these type You Tube content with younger active hams, if awarded the position (Either CEO or President)

NN2X / Tom

KE8MOW likes this.
  15. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Paranoid much LOL.

I saw people having a great time having fun. They used proper call signs while using the radio. I guess people look for problems.

And, since you brought it up.....what is this slippery slope you mention? Eleaborate. What is the elephant in the room?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    KC5HWB, AA1BG, KC7ZXY and 6 others like this.