ad: Mountaingoat-1

QSO Today with Wayne Yoshida KH6WZ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Dec 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

upload_2020-12-21_12-53-47.png
    QSO Today with Wayne Yoshida KH6WZ
    Wayne Yoshida, KH6WZ, has been an active ham since the 1970s, growing up in Los Angeles. Wayne is a home brewer, especially microwave equipment on 10 GHz, and has taken our amateur radio hobby to the Maker Faire in the Bay Area for live demonstrations. As a technical writer and Contributing Editor to CQ Magazine, Wayne is in one of the best places to experience just about everything in ham radio. KH6WZ is my QSO Today.

4X5EB, KO4DNM, KY6L and 5 others like this.
  2. KN6HVU

KN6HVU Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

3. K6AF

K6AF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Wayne! Very cool to hear your story. Hope all is well on your end. How's the car coming along? I'm in a C7 Z51 Corvette now.

73 OM,
    Sid

4. W9NR

W9NR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, Wayne! Good memories from your Kenwood years. Nice to hear from you on QRZ.

73, Gary, W9NR, formerly with AES

5. PP8DA

PP8DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting report from Wane Yoshida. Being a ham in the present day is not a easy thing. The time I started, about 60 year ago, we had a lot o material of all
    kinds and building in the tube era was easy and cheep and mostly it worked. I missed, for several reasons the jump into the semiconductor age any how I had the
    chance to build several Heathkit radios. I enjoied it . I am licensed since 1963 until today and my activity in DIY is limited to availability.
    Thank you for your interesting interviu ,73 de Nick - PP8DA

6. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Mahalo for the interesting 'talk story' :cool:

Mele Kalikimaka !

G3SEA/KH6

7. LW2EDM

LW2EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent !! Congrats, LW2EDM