ad: UR5CDX-1

HR2.0 - POTA Scramble, Part 1! - Ham Radio Parks on the Air from K-2791

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Aug 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Parks on the Air for a week - during the week of August 10, 2020, I took my RV to 2 different Parks on Lake Texoma, K-2791 and K-3005. This is the first in a series of a few videos that I shot during that time. Comments welcome!

POTA website - https://parksontheair.com

KD2DPP, JF1IRQ, KM6SIK and 1 other person like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Really enjoyed that Jason, I loved the trip to the Park because I just love seeing your beautiful country. Even from the video you get a sense of how vast it is. I was surprised at the noise you were getting out there in a park, I must say. Looking forward to part 2.

KC5HWB likes this.
  3. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm very interested in doing my own YouTube channel. How does one go about getting vendors to send items for review? I can't afford to buy all these radios. Of course, one concern I have is even being able to get established considering the number of people out there already doing it. I may have to come up with a different way of doing it.

KC9WUV, K5ATA and KC5HWB like this.
  4. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

If you're plan is to make money... try a different path.

W2KS, KC9WUV, WB4NQF and 2 others like this.
  5. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Don'y forget to hit the "like" button and click on the bell to be notified of my new videos. You can also become a patron to fund my channel. I wish the ZED would make them edit that part out of their videos before posting here.

KG7HVR, WB4NQF, N1IPU and 2 others like this.
  6. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great, I like ham radio field activities as much as anyone, especially when QRP, but what, I ask are the little black boxes with the black string attached that they all seem to be talking into?

G3SEA and AJ6KZ like this.
  7. KI4UYA

I think those are microphones. They go into a 100 watt radio and a Crank I/R antenna. That's what I call portable. I think I'll run my power cable outside this weekend and hook my radio up and call CQ Portable.

KG7HVR, KC5HWB and N1IPU like this.
  8. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ouch ! :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

KG7HVR, W1SRR and G8FYK like this.
  9. KC5HWB

Thanks. I was also surprised at the noise level. Part of it was the A/C in my trailer, but even after turning that off, there was more noise than I expected. It was a fun activation, nonetheless.

2E0TWD likes this.
  10. KC5HWB

Reach out to me via email. I am happy to help. Ignore the nay-sayers here on QRZ. There are some good folks here, but most of them don't post or comment. The ones that do are usually jealous or disappointed that they can't take more time and effort to contribute to the hobby.

NW7O, 2E0TWD and K5ATA like this.
  11. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or just be someone genuinely interested in spreading the hobby to others, and having fun doing it. Make videos of what you enjoy, and have fun doing it. That seems to work out alright for me... I mean, I get kids into radio and get to play radio with my own kid.

2E0TWD and KC5HWB like this.
  12. KC5HWB

Gentlemen, I would request that you stay on topic with the original subject of this post. The post is about doing a Parks On The Air activation. If you have a problem with something outside of the topic of the video, email me directly.

2E0TWD and KC9ONY like this.
  13. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

May I remind all - this article is in "Amateur Radio News" - this is not a thread about the pros and cons of the YouTube business model or those who use it.

If you want to maintain the ability to post in the thread, please drop the YouTube diatribe.

Dave
    W7UUU

[Multiple posts removed from view]

2E0TWD, KC9ONY and KC5HWB like this.
  14. KI4UYA

Big Brother has spoken __._ ._. _ . ... __... ...__

15. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have indeed, I hope you feel better for it. Nothing like some trolling to make the day go by.

KC5HWB likes this.