ad: elecraft

Morserino32: Graz CW School Creates Free Multimedia Bilingual Distance Learning Course

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0FEU, Jun 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0FEU

M0FEU Ham Member QRZ Page

Einleitung.PNG

The Graz Morse Code School has developed a completely free self study course for amateurs to download. The course utilises the popular Morserino32 learning device; free documentation and exercise plan, plus a series of videos that enable any aspiring ham to learn Morse code from the comfort of their own home.

CW Course Introduction:

Programming the Morserino32:

Lessons 1 & 2:

The course takes advantage of the 'Snapshot' feature that was included in recent firmware updates. This allows users to store and recall the configuration of the entire device including menu settings, depending on how they wish to use it.

The necessary documentation can be downloaded from the ÖVSV website:

https://oe6.oevsv.at/aktivitaeten/cwschule/Unterlagen/

The Morserino32 is available directly from Willi Kraml (OE1WKL):

http://www.morserino.info/morserino-32.html

There's never been a better time to bite the bullet and start learning Morse code.

73 de M0FEU / OE6FEG
    Matt

OE6PPE, KY7K, G6PBS and 2 others like this.
  2. WA6JJM

WA6JJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully, more hams will come to realize you get the biggest bang for the fewest bucks on cw.

W8LGZ, AA4MB, G6PBS and 1 other person like this.
  3. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

G6PBS likes this.
  4. K8JLW

K8JLW Ham Member QRZ Page

Pardon my ignorance, but is the course offered in English? I'm not seeing that anywhere. thanks!

5. K8JLW

K8JLW Ham Member QRZ Page

Never mind, I think I am finding it now. Looks very nice!!

6. N6DZK

N6DZK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Morserino is a really fun device. My paddles never worked properly. But I have my own key so not a big deal, and better to train with what I would be using anyway.

7. 2E0WPW

2E0WPW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ordered my Morserino a couple of weeks ago, hopefully it should be here soon. Really looking forward to it's arrival and starting the new course. Been practicing on an MFJ 557 straight key for about a month now, along with LCWO on line. Having great fun learning the code and I seem to be making good progress (some days). I'm nowhere near proficient yet but i guess if i keep practicing I can only improve.

8. M0FEU

Unfortunately, the will to practice is the one thing no one can sell you.

73 Matt

G4XWJ and K3EY like this.
  9. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K2OY

K2OY Ham Member QRZ Page

You've got to make the learning FUN, rather than a job or an obligation.
    And if you set reasonable expectations for yourself it will work....paul

G4XWJ and M0FEU like this.
  11. 2E0WPW

Hi, thanks for your advice.
    I agree, make it fun, after all that's what radio is all about.
    I spend most of my days in the radio room monitoring the bands either on FT8 or PSK31 so dipping in and out of morse is quite easy for me. Tapping out CQ messages to my self and then replying..LOL
    Learning the code wasn't too much of a problem, but listening back and decoding, trying to build up the speed, now that's a different story.
    I guess that's where most people struggle, but I'm in no rush, It will take as long as it takes and right now I've got plenty of time for practice being on lock down.
    Like you say, make the learning fun and keep finding new ways to practice, after all there's plenty of resources out there.
    I've got the Morserino up and running now which is a great bit of training kit, so along with CW School Gras it's time to have some fun and hopefully succeed.
    73 Paul.

12. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone sourced the battery listed for this? I didn't have any luck with the one listed, "Tattu 600mAh 3.7V 30C 1S1P Lipo Battery Pack with Molex Plug". Shipping batteries can be a problem here.

13. 2E0WPW

IMG_2066.jpg
    Hi, this is the battery I used.
    Turnigy 600mAh 3.7v 1S 25-50C Lipo battery pack Molex Losi Mini Walkera Compatible.
    ebay UK Not sure if that would be available to you.

IMG_2067.jpg
    It gives you another make to look out for. slightly different shape but fits nicely underneath within the case.
    Hope this helps in some way.
    73 Paul

14. WL7CG

WL7CG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the tip, no luck so far. Looks like there are many European vendors, but shipping is $35 to $50. Been digging in Google, but haven't found a more local source.

15. M0FEU

I find 400 mAh is more than enough. This makes finding a battery that fits under the Heltec module much easier. For example, there is a 350mAh Tattu battery available where I live that looks like it will fit:
    https://www.conrad.at/de/p/tattu-mo...MkolQDEShI7I9bfZ369y-WwWkBoDLelQaAuAfEALw_wcB

73 Matt