ad: Retevis-1

Anthony J. Pazzola, W2BEJ SK April 8, 2019 Age 70

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Apr 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Anthony J. Pazzola, W2BEJ SK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SK April 8, 2019
    Birth Date: Oct 26 1948
    10-10 Number: 33375

Anthony J. "Tony" Pazzola Jr., 70 of Loudonville, entered into eternal life on Monday, April 8, 2019 at Albany Medical Center.

Born in Utica, NY on October 26, 1948, he was the son of the late Anthony J. and Angeline (Palmieri) Pazzola Sr. He served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War and was stationed in Korea.

He was a Procurment Officer, employed by NYS Office of General Services for many years. He was a member of the Shaker Rd. Loudonville Fire Company & Westmere Fire Company, the American Legion Zaloga Post, the V.F.W., the D.A.V. in Lansingburgh. He was a volunteer with American Red Cross, the

Urban Search & Rescue of Albany County, the NYS Fire Police Association, the F.O.O.L.S International, the 40 & 8 3rd District Cheminot and was NYS Director of V.A.V.S. Tony was an avid amateur radio & HAM enthusiast with his handle being WB2BEJ and was active in many organizations especially in the Troy Amateur Radio Club.

Survivors include sisters Mary "Mer" Dundon, and Rosemarie "Ree" (Tom) Marko, special friend Pam Saunders as well as several nieces and nephews.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday April 12, 2019 at 11:00 am at St. Pius X Church, 23 Crumitie Road, Loudonville with Rev. James Walsh officiating.

Relatives and friends are invited to call Friday from 9:00-10:30 am at St. Pius X Church, 23 Crumitie Road, Loudonville, NY.

Interment will be with his parents in St. Agnes Cemetery in Utica.

In lieu of flowers donations to the charity of one's choice in memory of Tony would be appreciated.

For directions, information, to light a memory candle or order flowers for the family please visit www.dufresneandcavanaugh.com
    https://dufresneandcavanaugh.com/tr...jBXv6GeSAEhzC0lUDWz4agJsL4Am9so#tribute-start

2. KF4UVA

KF4UVA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am deeply saddened by his passing, Tony was a great friend to me and all other that have known him.
    He was one of a kind!
    RIP my friend EEEBBBB....

Bob, KF4UVA

W2TXB likes this.
  3. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

It saddens me greatly to report that the one and only Tony WB2BEJ is gone......... The repeaters in the Capital District area of New York are safe again. “Big Enormous Jugs” is a silent key.

We first met Tony in the late 1970s when he was working at the IBM factory in Essex Junction VT for Fairchild, a contractor. Tony was in residence at the Radisson Hotel in Burlington VT. We will always remember “Club 604” which was his room. He showed up on the Mount Mansfield .94 repeater and quickly became a fixture on the nightly “Hoot Owl” net.

Tony eventually moved into a townhouse in Essex Junction and for several years he kept us entertained and amused with his antics both on and off the air. To say Tony was a character is an understatement.

Tony had a very interesting sense of humour. Those of us who knew him will know what I mean. Much of it went over peoples heads if they didn’t know him. ‘Nuff said!

In the early Eighties Tony moved to Albany NY and found employment with the State of New York as a procurement agent purchasing electronics for the NY State Police. His kitchen table was piled high with Motorola radios that were sent to him for “evaluation”. They are probably still there. In addition to his procurement functions Tony was also a tour guide at the NY State Capital Campus. Those tours must have been a riot.

“BEJ” quickly became a regular on the Capital District area repeaters and it was always a part of the journey through the area to stop and meet with him and his pals for coffee or a meal. Tony could quickly raise a wrecking crew at several area restaurants so a ham travelling through would never have to eat alone.

Tony loved to attend hamfests especially Hosstraders like Hosstraders, Rochester NY, Milton VT, Dayton and NEAR-Fest. Along with Mitch, W1SJ, Tony never missed the Dayton Hamvestion. To ensure his buddies had rooms every year Tony booked the entire hotel. I joined them a few times and the long drive to Dayton and back was a very interesting and entertaining experience as well as the hamfest itself. He would “work” for a few hours at the BatteryTech booth with his buddy Dave.

Tony was a master of the fine art of being in the right place at the right time. One time flying home from FL he managed to get a seat on the right side of the plane where he witnessed a perfect shuttle launch. As a member of the Loudonville NY Fire Police he went to New York City just after 9/11 and even got to have a couple meals on the cruise ship that was pressed into service as a command center.

Tonk knew everybody and everybody knew and liked Tony. He was totally in his element at any amateur radio gathering. He was one very funny guy and he will be sorely missed especially the funny faces and silly noises he would make on certain occasions.

He was a real piece of work! They broke the mold when they made T.

Ebbbbbbbbbbbbbb! Ira!

Only those who knew Tony will know what this means.

RIP my friend. You may be gone but never forgotten. The Albany NY repeaters are now being returned to normal amateur use.

MisterMike, W1RC

K2IE, KD2FVM, N2UZQ and 2 others like this.
  4. K2HAT

I recall last year Tony was at the Orange County NY Hamfest and was having a great time.

upload_2019-4-18_10-27-27.png

KD2FVM likes this.
  5. K2HAT

Almost a year. Gone but not forgotten.

upload_2020-4-2_7-12-0.png

6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU TO ALL OF TONY'S FRIENDS,

1 animated Flag QRZ PAGE.gif
    us army NEW.jpg

A FINAL SALUTE NEW.jpg
    1 A PRAYING HANDS WITH RAINBOW.jpg
    ....======== 1 A candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,

7. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

anthony meinherliche beilet vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

8. KB2SBL

KB2SBL Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been a year since the passing of the greatest friend I ever had ,things are so different without him.our train trips no more, hempfest no more ,all you can eat buffets no more
    Its empty now. Tony w2bej thank you for so much

9. K1LKP

THANK YOU TO ALL OF TONY'S FRIENDS

10. K2HAT

I was honored to be able to present Tony W2BEJ his Broughton Memorial Award a few years ago.

I had won it the year before, so it was my Honor to pass the next one along to the next recipient. :)

Hmm I was a little bit fatter then. Still not skinny. LOL.

[​IMG]

11. KB2SBL

KB2SBL Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember that

12. K2HAT

13. K2IE

K2IE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to catch up with Tony every year the the Winter SWL Fest in PA. He helped to run the hospitality suite there for thest last few years. Great guy, great sense of humor. 73

14. K1LKP

DAN, YOUR THOUGHTFUL WORDS FOR TONY ARE MUCH APPRECIATED BY ALL.
    write THANK TOU.gif
    ==RESPECTFULLY,