ad: MLSons-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. January 15, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jan 14, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. January 15, 2020.

EA2DSG and KK4HPY like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

RE: KP4--

Telecom is in good shape on the island, and ham radio's role is, as it should be, secondary to extant working systems. That could change however, and many hams on and off island are standing by as needed.

Damage on the southern part of the island is moderate as many homes and businesses are damaged. The biggest issue is whether to sleep inside buildings-- many people are sleeping in their yards in case another major quake hits during the night.

This is NOT a 'once it happened its over' situation... :-(

The quakes are ongoing.

Many folks have been reading the mail on WP3R on 20m. Angel gets on most late afternoons with updates. He is up north, near Arecibo. There is a group (including myself) that is on 255 to 260. As I almost always do, kindly just listen and let Angel do the talking:)

Chip W1YW

KD2BDA, KP4CBI, N0IRS and 4 others like this.
  3. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the update and heads-up Chip.

Late last night I monitored NP4A on 7158 KHz SSB. Pedro, in Ponce, down on the southern coast of PR, remarked about the ongoing seismic activity since the initial event. He said in one 24 hr period there were no less then SIXTY (60) significant additional tremors. No wonder so much of the population is avoiding being indoors.

73, John, WØPV

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Pedro is a great guy and living in fairly modest circumstances; we should be concerned that he is not additionally negatively impacted by the quakes....

He has many friends!

Chip W1YW

W0PV likes this.
  5. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think its cool that they have video for the newsline now.

KP4JM and W1YW like this.
  6. KP4EYT

KP4EYT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello the seismic activity here in Puerto Rico is not quite over still feeling some aftershocks about 30 plus miles north of activity .I hope it continues to settle down finally....

KD2BDA likes this.