ad: elecraft

Montana QSO Party Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KA2K, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just took a look at the Flathead Amateur Radio club website www.favrc.org . I only need Montana for phone WAS and was gathering info for the contest. According to the website they could not find a coordinator and it appears it was cancelled.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I don't see an explicit notice it's cancelled - maybe just haven't posted a date yet??

If nothing else, wait until May for the 7th area QSO party:

http://ws7n.net/new/page.asp?content=start

It's hugely popular and will have a ton of "big guns" from Montana

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KA2K like this.
  3. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It ws scheduled for this weekend but their website said look for us in 2019 so I'm thinking it done for this year. Thanks for the info on the 7th area QSO party.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  4. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ralph N3ZB is on everyday from Elliston, MT. 7283.5

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    KA2K and W7UUU like this.
  5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

On the WA7BMN Contest Calendar (link), it's listed for 2018. However, the sponsor (Flathead Valley ARC, link) president Rick W7YP sez:

2018 Montana QSO Party
    By W7YP - Posted on 23 January 2018

Unfortunately, we find ourselves without a coordinator to handle this year's Montana QSO Party. Life's demands required that Lyndel, N7LT, create some 'spare' time for other priorities and he reluctantly asked the club to find another coordinator.

While we weren't able to find such a person in time for this year's QSO Party, we do fully intend to return next year and thereafter; so, please look for us in 2019.

The club would like to take this chance to thank Lyndel for his years of service to the club and for the many years he spent managing the QSO Party.

Rick, W7YP
    FVARC President

vy 73,

Bryan WA7PRC

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Well, there ya go. Good sleuthing, Bryan

7QP it is or follow @N6QIC advice and find N3ZB in the meantime

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

MT is well represented year round. Re contesting, 7QP doesn't happen 'til May (link). This weekend, I plan to spend a little quality time in the CQ 160m Contest CW (link). The official rules: http://www.cq160.com/rules.htm.

KA2K likes this.
  8. W7UUU

Yes I did post that data point.... see post #2.... original poster asked for "Phone" (SSB? AM? FM? not sure but assume he meant SSB)...

... but not CW

But yes - Montana is on the air all the time in all modes!!!

Dave
    W7UUU

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page